aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

this was a genuine mistake. I thought there was like a peice of plastic under the saddle like some guitars actually do. This looked nothing like a peizo until it wa too late, the peizos in my other acoustics are noticeable once you take the saddle off

This is a bullshit excuse. Buy an instrument, play it and get good at playing it but for the sake of the poor thing please leave any modifications to the professionals.

• Upvote 1

+1 for bigbys comment but guess you don't really think about tone until later down the line. The look of the gear won't get the girls it's if you can sing and play in tune.

yeh but there's a certain extent, say it was a pink Taylor that sounded phenomenal as unlikely as it is would you take it? I'd rather have an less better sounding guitar that looked good than a bit better quality guitar that didn't look that good. I chose that "customised acoustic" mostly over how it sounded and played and look how that turned out.

This is a bullshit excuse. Buy an instrument, play it and get good at playing it but for the sake of the poor thing please leave any modifications to the professionals.

the action was too high for me therefore I sanded the saddle. I am a professional, professional guitar killer
  • Downvote 1

the action was too high for me therefore I sanded the saddle. I am a professional, professional guitar killer

Yesterday it played better than a Taylor.

Shame you're not more professional as a player - more practicing and less messing about is an easier fix to your endless issues with guitars not suiting you....

Patience rewarded!  Snagged a Baja Tele yesterday...... great pickups, frets, V-Neck and more switching options than two normal Teles  :laughing:  :laughing: 

Of all the excellent Mexican Fenders now available, Bajas remain in the conversation for 'best ever'.  Just needs a clean, a Switchcraft jack and a set of 11s and it'll be good to go!

Oh yeah.... the single ply 'vintage' pickguard is warping.  There's a reason 3 ply guards became popular  ;)

Patience rewarded!  Snagged a Baja Tele yesterday...... great pickups, frets, V-Neck and more switching options than two normal Teles  :laughing:  :laughing: 

Of all the excellent Mexican Fenders now available, Bajas remain in the conversation for 'best ever'.  Just needs a clean, a Switchcraft jack and a set of 11s and it'll be good to go!

Oh yeah.... the single ply 'vintage' pickguard is warping.  There's a reason 3 ply guards became popular  ;)

What switching does the Baja have?

What switching does the Baja have?

A four-way, so you can have have both pickups in series or parallel- plus a phase switch.  Plenty of options, from two single coils.  Fender developed the Twisted Tele neck pickup for the Baja but now put it in American models; the Broadcaster  bridge pickup is, again, a great choice for a mid priced instrument.

• Upvote 1

I probably have the shittest rig ever! It's not complete yet but I have a:

Guitars

Vintage VSA535 - cherry

Manson Mattocaster replica - silver with gold speck

Pedals

Digitech whammy 4

Zvex fuzz factory

A vintage original crybaby

Amp

A simple Orange 20LDX

I'm looking at growing my pedal board but there is so much out there I don't have a clue what to go for (and at a decent price!)

My Wishlist

Zvex seek wah/ooh wah

Line 6 dl4 or what do you recommend?

Either an ibanez ts9 or a fulltone OCD (which one!?)

Boss octave pedal

Some sort of phaser

I probably have the shittest rig ever! It's not complete yet but I have a:

Guitars

Vintage VSA535 - cherry

Manson Mattocaster replica - silver with gold speck

Pedals

Digitech whammy 4

Zvex fuzz factory

A vintage original crybaby

Amp

A simple Orange 20LDX

I'm looking at growing my pedal board but there is so much out there I don't have a clue what to go for (and at a decent price!)

My Wishlist

Zvex seek wah/ooh wah

Line 6 dl4 or what do you recommend?

Either an ibanez ts9 or a fulltone OCD (which one!?)

Boss octave pedal

Some sort of phaser

I have a DL4 and it is ace, but it's a fucker of a footprint on a pedalboard. For live I use an MXR Carbon Copy. The TC Flashback is a decent enough alternative for the DL4 and half the price (plus a quarter of the size).

I have a DL4 and it is ace, but it's a fucker of a footprint on a pedalboard. For live I use an MXR Carbon Copy. The TC Flashback is a decent enough alternative for the DL4 and half the price (plus a quarter of the size).

That's what I was thinking as well! It's a beast of a pedal and it's not the cheepest of things either! I was looking at a Boss DD-7, then an EHX Memory Boy/Man w/hazarai but 'err'. The carbon copy looks great as as well, a simple to use pedal and it sounds great as well!