aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Well I'm sorry you see it that way, but does anyone really give a fuck what brand of strap someone is using, or want to see an hilarious graphical diagram of their "stack"? What purpose does that serve?

It's the internet, not a carefully written novel. The beauty is that people can put up as much crap as they want, to be consumed by anyone who might be even slightly interested. Leave the guitar strap purists of the world to sploodge over whatshisname's beautiful guitar strap. It's not hurting anyone. Plenty bandwidth to go around.

I have no idea why you're letting something you deem so trivial upset you so much.

It's the internet, not a carefully written novel. The beauty is that people can put up as much crap as they want, to be consumed by anyone who might be even slightly interested. Leave the guitar strap purists of the world to sploodge over whatshisname's beautiful guitar strap. It's not hurting anyone. Plenty bandwidth to go around.

Yes well conversly the beauty of it is that it gives those of us who know better a chance to inform people that ostentatious displays of their expensive tat mean fuck all.

As far as I can see this is just a dick swinging contest to determine who has the most twattish guitars and expensive amps

Me me me!

DSC01065.jpg

KH4.jpg

DSC00340-1.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

And for some past stuff:-

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

=D

Yes well conversly the beauty of it is that it gives those of us who know better a chance to inform people that ostentatious displays of their expensive tat mean fuck all.

My extensive tat sounds better and plays better than my, previous, inexpensive tat. I utilize it to an extent where I feel that my decision to buy such tat was worthwhile. When using the gear I feel more comfortable with, I play better. Same goes for if it sounds better, it's more fulfilling. =)

(wrong code used for smilies since there's a 10 image limit).

Basses:

Fender USA Jazz Bass

Fender Japan Jazz Bass Special w/SD 1/4 pounder p bass pickup and SD Hotstack Jazz Bass Pickup (autographed By Duff McKagan of Guns n Roses and Velvet Revolver, so it's not being played anymore)

Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray (for sale on here)

Amp

Ampeg SVT Classic Head

Ampeg SVT 410 HLF Cab

nice. where did you get your classic from?

Not trying to be on any side of an argument here -

But good cables are a very important of a quality set-up, from a reliablity & hassle-free point view as well as, most importantly, tone. I never understand it when someone has a really expensive rig connected up with 10 cheapo cables.

Planet waves cables are great; they have a lifetime guarantee which is great for regular live gigging musicians, they never crackle or hiss even after regular abuse. When you have people standing/accidentally kicking/dropping gear on your cables gig after gig, it's reassuring to know that you'll get a free quality cable if one actually does get fucked.

• Upvote 1

Well I'm sorry you see it that way, but does anyone really give a fuck what brand of strap someone is using, or want to see an hilarious graphical diagram of their "stack"? What purpose does that serve? As far as I can see this is just a dick swinging contest to determine who has the most twattish guitars and expensive amps, if you think that's what constitutes a decent thread then I feel deeply sorry for you.

Have you been reading the Chuck Palahniuk books again darling?

You are sooo non-PC Dan:laughing::up:

I have...

BC Rick Mocking bird with a maple neck. Its 15 years old.

BC Warlock 7-string. Gonna pop EMG;s into it.

Ibanez Mick Thompson sig

An old and battered Kramer super strat thingy

Wesley piss block

Wesley semi acoustic.

Zoom 3030 effects pedal.

Don't have an amp at the moment but would like a Peavey 5150.

Cheap Drum Kit

Ibanez Distortion Pedal

Utopia Synth

Jen Synthetone SX-1000

Sirkut Ring-Mod/Tone Generator

Kaoss Pad 2

Various Cheap Mics

Behinger DD100

Turn table + Various Melted/Scratched/Cut Lps

Tape deck + Tapes

Digitech Synth Wah

Korg 707

Toy Xylophone and Whistles

Sheet Metal/Crockery/Glass

Melted Reverb Pedal

Crank Contact Mic

Behinger XENYX 1202 Mixer

That's most of it...

Guest treader.

Drums:

Premier Cabria in Metallic Blue w/ black hardware

22" Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride

22" Zildjian A Custom Ride

14" Meinl Classics Hi-Hats (Need an upgrade)

Bass:

Cheap Stagg Black thing

50 Watt Peavey Bass Amp

Guitar:

Cheap Brandless Tele Copy Black w/ Black scratch plate

30 Watt Park by Marshall Amp

Boss DS-1

Line 6 DL4

Boss DD-20

EH Holy Grail

Line 6 Verbzilla

Boss Octave Pedal

Volume Pedal

EH Small Clone

oh, and I just bought a microkorg.

Drums:

Premier Cabria in Metallic Blue w/ black hardware

22" Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride

22" Zildjian A Custom Ride

14" Meinl Classics Hi-Hats (Need an upgrade)

you only have 3 cymbals? 2 rides and a set of hats? (ok I know that's 4 cymbals technically)

that's quite an interesting set-up.