aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

On 12/25/2016 at 2:21 PM, James Broonbreed said:

It's fucking Christmas and I just had two fuck off slices of two different cheese cakes, then bought a Fulltone OCD.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Most reviews seemed to reckon it was a more transparent TS808 - which I also though about buying.

I used one of these in the studio last month and just bought my own. Really impressed. Doesn't fuck with your original tone but gives a really full boost. Well worth the bucks.

24dovgo.jpg

Final solution - Helix LT and Yamaha DXR 10. Doesn't sound 100% like the amps it's supposed to, but between 85 - 95% is enough for me. Does the valve amp thing where you turn down the volume on the guitar and the amp cleans up which is cool. Effects are good and you can route them whatever way you want.

I can replicate my Eventide Space and huge delays and the fuzzes are well modelled too. Probably not for everyone but it definitely works. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve spent the last few months digging out my old gear and getting back into playing. Added a couple of extra bits and pieces too.

currently looking at rebuilding my pedal board. Replacing my EHX pedals with nano versions and hopefully adding a tc electronics sub’n’up mini. Any other unusual bass effects I should be considering?

• 2 months later...
On 09/09/2017 at 9:53 PM, HateEvent said:

Picked up a few new bits and pieces in the last year or so:

- Marshall JCM800 2203KK

- Mesa Boogie Mark V

- Gibson Les Paul Custom 

- ESP MX-II (Custom Shop special order)

I'll get some up to date 'family' pictures soon.

Added a few more things recently:

- Jackson USA RR1 (with a ‘bowling ball’ grey finish, akin to Tom Anderson guitars from the late 80s)

- Mayones Duvell

- Mesa Boogie ‘Half-back’ Vertical 2x12

- ENGL Standard 4x12 (straight cab, to go to with my other ENGL Standard (slanted) 4x12)

- Various rack gear (ISP Decimator Pro Rack G Stereo; Voodoolabs GCX; Voodoolabs Ground Control Pro; Korg Pitchblack Pro; 6U rack case)

I’d like to think I’m done for a while. :rolleyes:

Edited by HateEvent

I've not acquired any new gear for some time now. I've been more tinkering with my setup and trying to minimise the amount of pedals on my board. I've just changed out my tonebender clone for my lm308 RAT, which is a lot more useable. I also checked my Fulltone vibe back in for about 10 minutes, but really can't make it sound like what I want a vibe to sound like.... I may sell this in due course.

Got a new Harmonic Percolator

Dubrek-Harmonik-Harmonic-Percolator-fuzz-pedal

I built a BYOC HP a few years back, the only one I've ever done, it was a horrible experience, and it recently packed in, probably due to my shitty soldering. I'm definitely not opening that thing up and troubleshooting it, nor do I want someone to fix it and judge how terrible it looks inside. So it goes in a drawer, and this takes its place.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK, it wasn't Brexit, it was new windows - I'm getting some installed so I can view the impending Brexit fuelled meltdown clearer when I barricade myself in my house against the posses looking for Johnny Foreigner sympathisers to hang from lampposts.

Still got the sparkly Jack Casady though so it won't be all bad :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can get a decent stratocaster bridge with 56mm mount spacing and 52mm string spacing? The Callaham ones are a fucking fortune. I've tried the Fender shop online but they don't seem to have them - although I've emailed them in case.

Basically this, but cheaper.

Edited by James Broonbreed

• 2 weeks later...

Since this seems to just be the all-in-one gear thread, I have a totally dummy question, as I have no idea what I'm doing unless it involves just a guitar going in to an amp.

I want to run 2 synths and a drum machine into my Yamaha THR10 amp. HOW DO I DO THIS.

I was thinking a line mixer, all 3 devices into the line mixer, then into the synth/flat channel on the THR10. That's what I've read people do in multi synth/one amp live set ups. That bit is fine.

Further complication arises from the mixers that are stereo output. How do the 2 stereo outs from the mixer feed in to an amp with one input? Is there a cable that will do this?

847496.jpg?b64lines=WUFSUi4gSSBET04nVCBLTk9XIFdIQVQgCkknTSBET0lOJw==

I might be missing something in what you’re asking for, but surely to capture both mixer outs into one you’d just want a 2x mono > 1x stereo cable? https://www.vicsdrumshop.com/planet-waves-planet-waves-10-ft-stereo-1-4-to-dual.html

You obviously wouldn’t get a stereo effect given what it is going to, but at least you wouldn’t lose one side altogether.

Edited by HateEvent
Typo
  • Upvote 1