aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Finally fitted my Alt 88's to my Mustang today. Not as noticeable an upgrade as my full width humbucker from the Creamery but still pretty stoked. More power than the stock ones and not quite as fender smooth. The main advantage being the output is more similar to my tele so I don't need to wank about with knobs when switching guitars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realised the other day that I hadn't bought a totally shit distortion pedal for ages, and as you may know, I'm all about shit distortion pedals. So I got one of these off of a guitar gear forum.

dodthrashmasterfx59_5046574_res.jpg

It's pink as fuck, and just utter carnage. It sounds like a middle ground between the Marshall Shredmaster and the Boss HM-2, except DOD decided that mid-range is the scum of the earth, so you don't get any mids.

If I run it next to an EQ pedal with the mids cranked, it will probably just burst into flames.

• Upvote 1

so got a big list of things ive bought in the last 2 months;

Recording gear

HP Laptop for recording

Berghringer 1204xusb mixer

2 shure sm57s

studio spares sn10's and a citronic power amp

got a rack trolley, sonic enhancer, reverb unit and a graphic EQ coming next week 

currently running it through reaper and ableton live lite 9 but not sure which one i like better (also got cubase which i havent tried yet yet)

looking to upgrade to a better mixer with more inputs though next month. looking on ebay to see if i can catch a good deal on a digital mixer

guitar gear

1987 Fender US strat (got it cheap as it got refinished and the guy changed it all to modern US parts)

yamaha thr10c

line6  JM4 looper

So yeah a shit load ofgear has been bought

Edited by Moon Moon

The latest addition to the bass stable - a 1975 Gibson Ripper which has been painstakingly restored from a beat up, badly painted, badly defretted hunk of wood:

01_front_all.jpg

To this:

01_all.jpg 03_body.jpg

My involvement in this escapade was limited to rough surface prep (sanding, steaming out/filling dings), parts procurement and most of the wiring.  Everything else (final surface prep (removing my scratches), the beautiful refinish (which the above picture does no justice to), the rescue of the fingerboard, the refret, the final assembly) was done by my good friend Rich Lewis in BoD.

02_head.jpg 04_bridge_exposed.jpg

Really happy with how it's turned out.

• Upvote 7

Recording gear

HP Laptop for recording

2 shure sm57s

got a rack trolley, sonic enhancer, reverb unit and a graphic EQ coming next week 

currently running it through reaper and ableton live lite 9 but not sure which one i like better (also got cubase which i havent tried yet yet)

looking to upgrade to a better mixer with more inputs though next month. looking on ebay to see if i can catch a good deal on a digital mixer

guitar gear

1987 Fender US strat (got it cheap as it got refinished and the guy changed it all to modern US parts)

yamaha thr10c

line6  JM4 looper

Those Yamaha THR10 amps are the shit. Mega for recording.

havent used it for recording yet but it sounds amazing so far

You hooked it up to your PC yet? The software it comes with makes the amp very tweakable. Capable of a lot more tones than what you can get from the dials on the unit. Different cabinet simulations make a big difference, and switching between US and UK voicings as well.

I haven't recorded guitar or bass with a microphone since getting it. Recording with the THR10 straight into a DAW sounds way better than I've ever been able to get with a mic infront of an amp.

I bought this:2u436sg.jpg

Seems like they're made by the same people that make Eastwood guitars.

It sounds ok, needs new electrics.

Looks the baws though :)

Sent away for new pickups, electronics, a fret dress and a bit of a tart up. Looks like this now:

14xz7ut.jpg

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 5

Recording gear

HP Laptop for recording

2 shure sm57s

guitar gear

yamaha thr10c

line6  JM4 looper

Line 6 Looper already for sale.

Sent away for new pickups, electronics, a fret dress and a bit of a tart up. Looks like this now:

14xz7ut.jpg

OOOOOOOOFT that's fucking sexy as fuck!

xx

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...