aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

It's an excellent colour, was this an eBay purchase? I really like my '69 Japanese reissue (contoured body, thinner neck than a '65, metal tuning pegs), but I would like to swap out the switching system for a simple 3 way selector. I've removed the tone control already, as I never use it. Like some kind of fool, I bought a switch, but the shaft is too big for the hole left by the tone control in the control plate, disaster! I am keen to put some beefier pickups into it as well, ones that don't mean routing the body or swapping the pick guard though.

Aye it was on eBay. It hasn't arrived yet - you really think that rug is mine?!

To be honest I think I'd prefer a normal 3 way toggle as well, with some way to keep the phase options, but I think I'll keep it all original for the time being - apart from the tortoise scratch plate that I've already ordered.

However, if I don't get on with the pickups I'll probably slam in some creamery 74 fuckers and then it's open season on the rest of the wiring.

It's an excellent colour, was this an eBay purchase? I really like my '69 Japanese reissue (contoured body, thinner neck than a '65, metal tuning pegs), but I would like to swap out the switching system for a simple 3 way selector. I've removed the tone control already, as I never use it. Like some kind of fool, I bought a switch, but the shaft is too big for the hole left by the tone control in the control plate, disaster! I am keen to put some beefier pickups into it as well, ones that don't mean routing the body or swapping the pick guard though.

Quagmire_by_iKapow.jpg

xx

• Upvote 1

Aye it was on eBay. It hasn't arrived yet - you really think that rug is mine?!

To be honest I think I'd prefer a normal 3 way toggle as well, with some way to keep the phase options, but I think I'll keep it all original for the time being - apart from the tortoise scratch plate that I've already ordered.

However, if I don't get on with the pickups I'll probably slam in some creamery 74 fuckers and then it's open season on the rest of the wiring.

I'm not 100% on this but I read you can put mustang pickups in a strat so I'd assume the reverse is possible.

I'd just go creamery and ask him to buff up some 74's

I'd wager that the pickups in the Mustang are actually Japanese Strat pickups that you would get in a Jap 60's RI Strat, they are definitely interchangeable with Mustang ones.

The Creamery is a good shout, but I'm tempted to put in something daft like a hotrails in both positions. BEEF.

What would you recommend as replacements for the tuners? I like the modern Fender locking ones I have on me tele but would like to keep the vintage look and save drilling my head stock

I've never had any problem with Kluson tuners, they're actually my favourite. What don't you like about them?

• 2 weeks later...