aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Will a boost work as intended before distortion - surely it'll just make it more distorted, not actually any louder?

Good point. I don't use boost/OD for loudening myself, as I have a loudener on my amps footswitch, which makes it go one louder. 

I use a Harmonic Percolator before my fuzzes which takes away some of the woollyness, and gives them a tight bottom end which becomes very palmmutable, whilst retaining all the filth. A similar sound to stacking a RAT and a Muff. Sunn O))) tones.

Loads of those words are made up.

Good point. I don't use boost/OD for loudening myself, as I have a loudener on my amps footswitch, which makes it go one louder. 

I use a Harmonic Percolator before my fuzzes which takes away some of the woollyness, and gives them a tight bottom end which becomes very palmmutable, whilst retaining all the filth. A similar sound to stacking a RAT and a Muff. Sunn O))) tones.

Loads of those words are made up.

I've used all of those words, and also the Rat and Muff combo - it is a fine sound.

IIRC, a Big Muff has the opposite polarisation for it's power supply than a standard Boss tuner, for example. If I wanted to include it in the power chain of my power pack is it as simple as buying an adapter that changes + for - (or whatever damn way it is).

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

My Muff uses a 3.5mm headphone jack for power. Every time they make a new model they find a fucking dumb way to power it.

Piece of piss to get an adapter though, no big deal.

Brett - if you buy a Voodoo Labs power supply it comes with a ton of different adaptors - it's easy to pick up different ones on ebay as well.

Edited by colb

My Muff uses a 3.5mm headphone jack for power. Every time they make a new model they find a fucking dumb way to power it.

Piece of piss to get an adapter though, no big deal.

Brett - if you buy a Voodoo Labs power supply it comes with a ton of different adaptors - it's easy to pick up different ones on ebay as well.

Your mum's muff uses a 3.5mm Jack.

Xx

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

New pedals. Picked up a long paid for Proco Rat which sounds pure DOOM teamed up with my Strat and the Verellen's dirty channel (unfortunately the Charvel San Dimas is the latest guitar to be usurped by it's old stablemate as my go-to pick up and play).

Also got Stroopy's old TU2 from the post office, so all the sludge is in tune.

Just bought this fucker.

Japanes 65 re-issue from 95/96

$_12.JPG

It's an excellent colour, was this an eBay purchase? I really like my '69 Japanese reissue (contoured body, thinner neck than a '65, metal tuning pegs), but I would like to swap out the switching system for a simple 3 way selector. I've removed the tone control already, as I never use it. Like some kind of fool, I bought a switch, but the shaft is too big for the hole left by the tone control in the control plate, disaster! I am keen to put some beefier pickups into it as well, ones that don't mean routing the body or swapping the pick guard though.