aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Tidy, I see you decided against the hard tail with the single coil and rosewood fretboard.

how you finding it, also did you get this new or find one second hand?

Richtone Music got a pile of the last of the Made in Japan Charvels, so I thought fuck it and took a punt on buying blind. I was a little apprehensive about the floyd, but after softening up my touch on the whammy bar, it's really grown on me.

The Seymour 59 in the neck was also a gamble that paid off - I thought that it would be a bit too flabby, but the humbuckers both have plenty of percussive bite. They go extremely well with my amp too, so I'm chuffed to bits. Must admit that there's not a world of difference between it and the Mexican one I tried quality wise, but it's certainly a looker.

Richtone Music got a pile of the last of the Made in Japan Charvels, so I thought fuck it and took a punt on buying blind. I was a little apprehensive about the floyd, but after softening up my touch on the whammy bar, it's really grown on me.

The Seymour 59 in the neck was also a gamble that paid off - I thought that it would be a bit too flabby, but the humbuckers both have plenty of percussive bite. They go extremely well with my amp too, so I'm chuffed to bits. Must admit that there's not a world of difference between it and the Mexican one I tried quality wise, but it's certainly a looker.

I really enjoyed using a Floyd on an old Pacifica I had, but re-stringing and maintaining action/intonation was like diffusing a bomb.

I like the shade of blue. It looks like one of the Superstrats Tom Morello uses. Are you going to write an anti-establishment message on it with a marker pen?

• 3 weeks later...