aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

So I picked up this 70's Japanese Strat copy from Imported Instruments the other week:

IMG_2957_zps6912eae3.jpg

It's a great guitar, the neck plays really well and it sounds great. Heavy as hell though! My only gripe is that the bridge pickup sounds pretty lame, so that would be the only thing I would upgrade. Any suggestions? I'd be happy to fire in some kind of high output pickup, to really make my biddly boos punch people in the face.

• Upvote 2

So I picked up this 70's Japanese Strat copy from Imported Instruments the other week:

IMG_2957_zps6912eae3.jpg

It's a great guitar, the neck plays really well and it sounds great. Heavy as hell though! My only gripe is that the bridge pickup sounds pretty lame, so that would be the only thing I would upgrade. Any suggestions? I'd be happy to fire in some kind of high output pickup, to really make my biddly boos punch people in the face.

how muh did it cost you? Also mojo pickups are great and can be custom done. Tad expensive though.

Yeh, doesnt get here until mid-week but pretty chuffed. 

Heard that First Act Custom shop in Boston had closed and that there is a whisper of the luthiers working with Kurt Ballou and his "God City Instruments".? dont know if anyone on here can verify that?. Was trying to do some research on them on the net and its pretty limited to folks swearing at each other on forums. 

Edited by fertuiee

• 2 weeks later...

Does it piss all over <insert other brand of guitar>?

Yeah, of course it does. Anybody that has a different taste in instrument is wrong.

I had one not long ago Daryl in limited edition rosewood with the et pickup system fitted. Sounds fantastic and now love the size too. And I'm a big guy. Looks like I am playing a ukulele.

Size didn't bother me, it's only for picking up and playing when I'm at home (every other acoustic I've owned has been shite and for that reason never got played). Doubt I'll ever take it to the stage, but because it sounds so good I wouldn't have a problem in doing so should an acoustic track ever happen.