aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

The dream would be that I'd have an EXH memory man but I've just checked out a comparison with the Line 6 DL4 and the analogue setting is pretty good! I'm after a delay that will sound pretty U2ish as well; is that achievable on DL4? If it does then I'll have my heart set on a DL4, if not then I'll be back to square one again haha!

The U2 delay sound is generally 2 delays I think, one repeating quarter notes and one eighths.

You can kind of get the setting on a DL4 but it takes a bit of doing. The flashback has a dotted quarters/eighths switch. So do some of the Boss delays.

I thought it would be a bit if work on the DL4 since there as quite a lot of settings. I'm now looking at the little brother the echo park by line 6, it's half the price but half the features. The boss one looks like a champion if somebody's looking for a simple delay but I've been looking at the DL4 for some time, I don't know why, seems like a decent price for the while settings you get!

Loving the Charvel so cal, the pick-ups are mega loud!

thinking about modding it very soon, I will add a master tome circuit and a push pull volume for a coil split in both bridge and neck positions. Hopefully if its possible for the middle position with no added switches have the the split coils both on the the neck and bridge position out of phase.

here she is in action

Edited by fatboy
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

how so?

Seriously? A Fender Frontman 212R is a budget solid-state guitar amp, by no means the worst, but hardly a great amp. On the other hand the Vox AC30 is a legendary valve amplifier that has graced countless classic albums. Ripping the speakers out of an AC30 and putting them into the Fender Frontman is not really going to bring it to the level of the Vox.

• Upvote 1

Seriously? A Fender Frontman 212R is a budget solid-state guitar amp, by no means the worst, but hardly a great amp. On the other hand the Vox AC30 is a legendary valve amplifier that has graced countless classic albums. Ripping the speakers out of an AC30 and putting them into the Fender Frontman is not really going to bring it to the level of the Vox.

wasn't me who done it, they ripped the speakers out their ac30. I know it's not the best of amps but now it's gig able. Sounds great I must admit.