aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

If you are saying you don't have a spring does that mean you haven't tried it yet?

not for my entertainment anyway, if i purchase or trade a guitar its mine to do with what i please isnt it? did any of yous pay for it (apart from the times yous owned it)

Fair doos, it's just a shame to see a perfectly good guitar fucked up when it could be avoided. I still shudder when I think of what happened to that Squier strat I sold you.

• 2 weeks later...

As the missus is great and knows things that I like, she got me some new pickups for my '52 reissue Telecaster:

IMG_2207_zpsd7e601be.jpg

Of course, they are lace sensors, which are my favourite! My tele couldn't really cut the mustard when it came to higher gain applications, which was a real pity as it was a guitar that I used pretty much entirely with Panda Eyes. So, now it's been hot-rodded, I think it'll be making more appearances again. The sound of the pick ups is exactly what I wanted, the clear "Hi-Fi" tone of the lace sensor, but they've not over done them, so it still has that Tele twang and boldness. I think that they also compliment the style of the guitar.

I took this along to band practice last night, and it's quite the guitar now! My main concern was that it would lose that immediate Tele tone with the pickup swap, but as soon as I had it plugged into the and played a chord it sound very much like a Telecaster. Except, it's noiseless and can handle a tonne of fuzz. Saying that, it still sounds very different to my Strat when it's being subjected to so much gain, a much more precise tone, which of course means it's very unforgiving when I make a (very occasional) mistake. It certainly lets you know about it! I need to raise the action a wee bit, as it was fretting out at the higher registers, somewhat hampering my insane biddlies. Not something I ever worried about in Panda Eyes. Plus, it's much more difficult to do pinch harmonics. By the end of practice, I was getting them though.

I took this along to band practice last night, and it's quite the guitar now! My main concern was that it would lose that immediate Tele tone with the pickup swap, but as soon as I had it plugged into the and played a chord it sound very much like a Telecaster. Except, it's noiseless and can handle a tonne of fuzz. Saying that, it still sounds very different to my Strat when it's being subjected to so much gain, a much more precise tone, which of course means it's very unforgiving when I make a (very occasional) mistake. It certainly lets you know about it! I need to raise the action a wee bit, as it was fretting out at the higher registers, somewhat hampering my insane biddlies. Not something I ever worried about in Panda Eyes. Plus, it's much more difficult to do pinch harmonics. By the end of practice, I was getting them though.

How you find the pickup covers, I find lace sensors spoil the natural look of a tele. I believe other companies offer their versions of noiseless pickups with exposed pole pieces. some probably like the look and some don't

Just got a TC Ditto Looper, even my sense of timing can get something out of it, infinite layering for bespoke loopage, also last year I got a Mellowtone Mini Wolf Computer, and a Rouse Electronics Pink Crystal Fuzz (FuzzFace clone), need a tap tempo delay with expression pedal input now...

mellowtone_miniwolfcpu_001.jpg

tc-electronic-ditto-looper-630-80.jpg

Edited by Pierre Von Mondragon