aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I looked into Mayones but I thought just a bit metal for my tastes. The name escapes me but there's a Hungarian - I think - company impressing people as well... I think Tom Quayle is using one?

Mayones make other guitars other than the Regius/Setius plus as a semi custom shop you can order pretty much anything you want specs wise.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=13022711375727 is one of the other models but there are obviously more on their website.

I went back and bought from another British luthier this time. Mmm purple. If anyone is wondering, the Schaller Hannes bridge is AMAZING. Best fixed bridge around for sure. You won't regret buying a guitar with one!

DSCF2754_zps10bcb195.jpg

DSCF2745_zpsdc5c930f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to get the NOS Harmonic Percolator, purely for the artwork. I wasn't too keen on the "maxed out" HP approach in the demo though, as it just sounded like a raspy fuzz. I fancied a more natural HP.

Really loving the Hand of God though. Just utter stupidity. Downtune to A, hood up, pretend I'm in Sunn O)))

The Funeral Party is a bit more tricky to get some use out of. It's very trashy and lo-fi, and there's no room to tweak. Sounds great, but just can't find a use for that sound.

Nine of Swords are boss. So cheap too. How's that guy making any money?

• Upvote 1

Lots of dials! Where do you even begin!!

It's a crazy little thing, part drum machine, part synth, sequencer.  It's the synth equivalent of a boutique pedal, I'm pretty sure they only made 100 or so of the V1 model.  My V2 is shipping tomorrow morning from Italy so I'm hoping to have it early enough to incorporate into the Cellar 35 gig!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Burman 502 -

I just bought a 1979 Burman 502 Combo.  Its in need of a bit of TLC and is missing a reverb tank.

So far I've replaced the Power valve seats as they were arcing ... caused the screen resistors to blow... both fixed.  Replaced the IEC socket as it was split.  

Next step is some new valves (KT 77 Gold Lion re-issue) and to hookup my accutronics reverb tank.  The amp itself sounds AMAZING ... its built to military component specifications and wiring.  These amps were incredibly expensive back in the 70's / 80's they have a 3 stage gain so the tones you can get are EPIC.  Its a bit like a Fender Twin but with more balls and is capable of tremendous overdrive/sustain but also does beautiful Fender cleans .

I'm going to change it to a head and am on the lookout for some Fane speakers ...

Stuart

right now im using a really nice 35 watt practice amp i got off davetherave (hes left the forum) ive not really used the small stone much yet along with the other pedals i need to adjust my settings on the eq now ive got rid of the guitar that i used it with. ive got some decent quality van damme patch leads some im set for now but i need a bigger pedal board, sugestions?

right now im using a really nice 35 watt practice amp i got off davetherave (hes left the forum) ive not really used the small stone much yet along with the other pedals i need to adjust my settings on the eq now ive got rid of the guitar that i used it with. ive got some decent quality van damme patch leads some im set for now but i need a bigger pedal board, sugestions?

Make sure it has enough space for a poker chip mod.

• Upvote 1

When you've got money let me know - i'll have a boss BCB-60 available soon. Be big enough for your ever-changing array of kit.