aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Lots of new pedal additions. Still waiting for a couple to arrive, as well as the board itself, but my floor-rig is pretty much going to be this:

TU2 > KFX TS9 Clone > Turbo RAT > Pignose Detonator SP > Raygun Beef Box Fuzz > Boss HR-2 Harmonist > NUX Time Core Delay > Aria PH10 Phaser > OhNoHo Chk Chk Boom (Feedback/oscillator). I'll have my Egnater 4 way footswitch on the board too.

Will probably put the Beef Box, Time Core and Phaser in the CCB feedback loop. I'll get an EQ pedal eventually too, for srs mid boosts.

I assumed pitch shifting would be more accurate if it's working with a dry clean tone, rather than after distortion pedals, but I've seen them put all over the shop on peoples boards.

I like glitchy too though. Maybe I should just get two? Makes sense.

Edited by Joda Serk

I assumed pitch shifting would be more accurate if it's working with a dry clean tone, rather than after distortion pedals, but I've seen them put all over the shop on peoples boards.

I like glitchy too though. Maybe I should just get two? Makes sense.

It is more accurate, fuck accuracy though - put your Harmonist before the moisy pedals and the Whammy after and then everyone's happy?

Beef Box and the Time Core arrived today. The Beef Box is nasty. Gated, squelchy, good for low riffs and powerchords. Not so good for anything too wanky high up the fretboard. Some high frequencies barely even register. Totally nasty. No EQ either. You get one knob. Your options are off, fuzz, or loads of fuzz. Great!

Time Core is great for the money. For a Chinese-made delay, I think it's much better than the Biyang delay, and they are pretty good too. It plays almost like a clone of the Marshall Echohead, which are great pedals, except the Time Core has a couple more modes. The reverse and the modulated delays are fun. You can tap the tempo in too, which isn't always possible on smaller, single switch delays. No noise or noticeable tone-sucking. You can get them dirt cheap on Ebay. I'd recommend it, if you're after more delay., as I assume most already have at least one delay pedal.

New amp has arrived. Need to give it a proper shot with some more of my guitars but seriously good 'base' tone on both clean and drive. Could do with a bit more gain but need to experiment with my OD808 see what tones I can coax out. Need to have a go with my warpig equipped guitar too.

971435_10151539458461695_253813674_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looking good Joe. Did you have a play about with where the whammy goes in yr chain?

I did. I liked it best at the start. Sounded alot tighter, and OD/Fuzz after the whammy sounds better with the feedback loop too. Put it before the tuner though, just for spacial reasons, as the whammy is an awkward size.

what does that pedal below the guvnor do?

TS9 clone, has switches for more gain and more bass too. Made by Karma FX, who I can't find much info on. I got it from a guy, who knows a guy etc.

New amp has arrived. Need to give it a proper shot with some more of my guitars but seriously good 'base' tone on both clean and drive. Could do with a bit more gain but need to experiment with my OD808 see what tones I can coax out. Need to have a go with my warpig equipped guitar too.

971435_10151539458461695_253813674_n.jpg

how you supposed to play that guitar through that amp? it's absolutely tiny!

Your gear acquisition is awe inspiring. You should probably join TSTWDEN we approve of such things greatly.

I suffered from a severe case of "I hate all my gear so I want new gear". It's a crippling disease. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

I think I'm done now, pedalwise. I'd like a new guitar, but I think I'll save that for the new year.

Got my Mayones yesterday. Plays amazingly well, build quality is outstanding. I can confidently say it's the nicest instrument i've ever played. Don't like the crunchlab/liquifire so it will probably be getting some BKP's in due course. It's made me want a Regius though..... time to sell a kidney.

1209427_10151564807856695_1082630982_n.j

1174809_10151564808201695_1817736683_n.j

Edited by keeno
  • Upvote 1

Polish guitars? Did you get it to order or just from guitarguitar or somewhere?  

GuitarGuitar are the official dealers of Mayones in the UK but I really don't know if you can order semi customs from them (you can order directly from Mayones themselves though). This is a semi custom model. It has ebony fretboard and sperzels combined with the cherry burst finish which I've not seen on any Setius sold through dealers. It also has the dot inlays whereas the dealer models have no inlays.

I bought it from a member on a forum I use in a trade after selling my old 7 string. He as a couple of ridiculously nice Mayones including one of the most insane spec'd Regius I've ever seen. It was shipped to me from Poland last week. Handily I now have a few guys in Poland I've dealt with successfully so I've got an eye on the gear over there ;)

I'm really impressed with the stuff coming out of Poland though. This Mayones is the best guitar I've ever owned - hands down (as you'd expect from an instrument with their price tags!) and I've also got an amp hand made in Poland and tried Skervesen and Blackat guitars. I've also got a few friends with RAN guitars who rave about them and been offered trades made by other Polish luthiers such as Lootnick. No doubting the quality of work coming from there.

Edited by keeno