aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

I tend to buy guitars for superficial reasons sometimes, but I don't think I'd ever do it with an amp. No point spending a few hundred quid on an Orange Crush combo because it looks neat and is half the price of a valve Orange, because it will sound toilet.

I once laid down an ebay bid on a potentially awful beat-up 80s Italian solid state deal. The only thing that compelled me was that it had multi-coloured pots, one of which was a built in fuzz control. I was pretty relieved when it turned out that my final bid didn't register.

z

That sounds like something I need! I have no clue what it does though.

It's a fairly crazy fuzz. A bit like a Fuzz Factory, but more musical. It's capable of some crazy self-oscillation which can (sort of) be controlled by moving the volume knob on the guitar. I don't think I'm nearly using it to its full potential yet but enjoying what it does thus far!

Biyang make really good pedals for being so inexpensive, I bought this delay second hand off Joe.

I'm hoping to fill some of the space with a Whammy, and maybe a tape echo or looper of some description.

Mad love for the Sovtek a few posts back. Good lord.

It was videos of the A/B Synth that set me off on my current fuzz quest, haven't got one of the Fuzzhugger though, but have a bespoke Oscillator Fuzz being constructed. Is that one all super-cool etched and shit?

Yeah, it's got a really cool design on it, they're all handmade so the designs are all slightly different. The oscillator fuzz sounds great!

• Upvote 1

I've seen the biyang pedals floating around for peanuts on ebay. I was eyeing up one of their chorus pedals but my uncles sending a vintage ibanez one my way :) I bloody love pedals.

They seem very good, I got MikeyEB a flanger and it's remained on his board for a while. So, I guess it's gotten his seal of approval.

Guest davetherave

I've got a couple of the biyang pedals on my board, the ad10 delay and the EQ7 pedal. The delay is perfect for slapback and short echoes, well built and no unwanted noise. The EQ works fine as a booster for solos, and is better than the Boss equivalent!

They seem very good, I got MikeyEB a flanger and it's remained on his board for a while. So, I guess it's gotten his seal of approval.

It's really good, good range of swooshy sounds plus it's quiet as a mouse. It sounds best when combined with the other 13 pedals on the board though. Being in Seas, Starry means using ALL the tones.