aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

• 2 weeks later...
My boyfriend got me a set of Lace Sensors for Christmas, so I fired them into my Strat. They sound great:

405699_10150542903329469_671999468_8653190_899832794_n.jpg

The only thing is, I'm currently playing this upside-down as I'm left-handed.

Japanese Strats can be really fine.................

and the upside -down guitar thing is Albert King cool. To get the full effect, you leave it strung as a righty and smoke a pipe onstage :)

Albert was a great player....with a baaad attitude!

• Upvote 1

My boyfriend got me a set of Lace Sensors for Christmas, so I fired them into my Strat. They sound great:

405699_10150542903329469_671999468_8653190_899832794_n.jpg

The only thing is, I'm currently playing this upside-down as I'm left-handed. I've been on the lookout for a lefty body for this, and have tried emailing a couple of places that make them to order, with custom colours and stuff, but they seem to have stopped doing them as it's unecomical. I absolutely love the neck on this thing and want to keep it (it's off a 1980's Squier Silver Series), the body is from a mid-90's Fender Japan '57 reissue. Anybody know of anywhere or have any experience of anywhere that makes and sells lefty finished Strat bodies alone? I guess I could just buy one of the new Squiers or something and swap out the body, but the thought of getting a colour I want is appealing. I'd probably try to go for a blonde or surf green.

I Highly recommend USA Custom Guitars. They made my Custom Tele, quality stuff and theyre great to deal with. http://www.usacustomguitars.com/

I like the art on the wall. Does it also serve some kind of sound-enhancing purpose?

Its used to scatter mid/high frequencies to prevent standing waves between flat adjacent surfaces. We built that one following a schematic by an acoustics company. We have a few more in the control room that were bought pre-made.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

We just clubbed together the remainder of our holiday money for a Fuzzhugger ABSynth, which essentially means we can't afford to do anything for the rest of the month, but oh dear god, it's properly incredible. Great sounding stand alone fuzz, but capable of crazy oscillations. Much preferred it to the Malekko 212 plus ultra that I've been lusting over for ages.

I also picked up a Memory Toy, which is great fun, and Jan found a PSK phaser, which sounds really lovely for a Boss clone. God bless the exchange rate...

• Upvote 2

Blimey. It seems my bank are stupid enough to give me a credit card with £800 to toss away at a totally tidy interest rate. After selling my modded DSL with a gut full of painful regret when I was in a bit of a pickle with my job, I'm tempted as fuck to blast the whole lot on an amp, to fill the amp-shaped hole in my life.

What the fuck do I get? Single channel, loads of crunch, clarity that will make my chords sing like angels. Go.

All I've done all morning is watch videos of Egnater amps. Mostly the Renegade, but also the Tweaker 88, or whatever it's called. They sound smashing. Sparkly cleans, soaring overdrive and the dials seem very responsive for shaping the tone. Seems capable of doing alot, compared to my old DSL50 which had two tones. Loud and louder.

I'm also getting a gear-boner over one of these:

Orange_Amps_Thunder_30_Total_Guitar.JPG

They sound pretty great. anyone used one?

• Upvote 1