aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

My latest and probably final guitar acquisition for a long time... included flash and normal pictures are it's hard to tell what it actually looks like when not in natural light. Looks somewhere between the two in real life.

DSCF1832.jpg

DSCF1831.jpg

DSCF1840.jpg

I love the fact the strap button is also the output jack. Had no idea that was the case!

Fatboy is also rewiring an old beat up 1980's Japanese guitar I bought for next to nothing so I'll get pictures of that up when it's done. Leaving the body untouched but all the electrics are getting changed along with the pickups and knobs as it looked pretty boring before (no idea how it sounded as the electrics didn't work when I bought it!)

Is

My latest and probably final guitar acquisition for a long time... included flash and normal pictures are it's hard to tell what it actually looks like when not in natural light. Looks somewhere between the two in real life.

DSCF1832.jpg

DSCF1831.jpg

DSCF1840.jpg

I love the fact the strap button is also the output jack. Had no idea that was the case!

Fatboy is also rewiring an old beat up 1980's Japanese guitar I bought for next to nothing so I'll get pictures of that up when it's done. Leaving the body untouched but all the electrics are getting changed along with the pickups and knobs as it looked pretty boring before (no idea how it sounded as the electrics didn't work when I bought it!)

Is that a blackmachine? Aww man, LOVE them! Is Doug still making these with a few years waiting time on them?

Prymaxe & PGS are so bad for me it's unbelievable, however I've just found what looks to be a good quality pedalboard on Prymaxe for a decent price. Less than half of what a similar sized Trailer Trash would cost. Paid next week, once the garage bill is outta the way it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine!

awesome! i use a pedaltrain pt-2 LOVE it

Looking further I wish they'd taken stock of the extra option Blackbird Pedalboards do - the wah pocket. Means the Volume/Wah pedals sit completely flat, a nice touch I think. However to get a BBP to the right spec is the same price as a normal TT Board which I'd rather have.

My Strat is in the building, love it!

2011%2B-%2B3.jpg

• Upvote 2

Is

Is that a blackmachine? Aww man, LOVE them! Is Doug still making these with a few years waiting time on them?

It looks almost exactly like one, but it's not (real blackmachines have that stamped on the metal plate and also my guitar has a push/pull coil tap instead of the mini toggle). It wasn't even a custom build! Just some luthier who decided to build a few of them for his own use and decided he no longer needed a couple (sold a lower spec 6 string version with EMG's too recently http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250936952762). Never played a proper blackmachine due to them being so rare and expensive (although I know Dan G and a couple of other people here have them they aren't THAT rare...) but I love that one. The neck has a similar profile to the prestige ibanez wizard necks and the action is ridiculously low. It's almost easier to play than a couple of my 6's! Love the Bareknuckle Aftermaths too.

Doug is still building guitars but no longer taking orders. He is just building stuff using the wood he has stockpiled and then offering them to the people who were on the waiting list. It cryptically says on his website they are the last guitars he will be building himself by hand so either he is stopping or getting machines to help him.

Looking further I wish they'd taken stock of the extra option Blackbird Pedalboards do - the wah pocket. Means the Volume/Wah pedals sit completely flat, a nice touch I think. However to get a BBP to the right spec is the same price as a normal TT Board which I'd rather have.

My Strat is in the building, love it!

2011%2B-%2B3.jpg

I think it's a lovely looking Strat.

Being doing some wheeling and dealing with Son Henry. I now only have one sunburst Les Paul. :(

On the plus side I am now the proud owner of a 1964 Fender Concert amp and a 1962 Airline lap steel. :)

Haven't got round to taking pictures yet, so I'll steal some from Son.

DSCF9773.jpg

DSCF9774.jpg

DSCF9775.jpg

DSCF9791.jpg

DSCF9788.jpg

The Les Paul is genuinely one of the "best" guitars I've ever played so it was a wrench to let it go, but it's gone to a good home and Son can make it sound better than I ever did anyway. And I'm having great fun learning the lap steel and I still can't quite believe that I own a real pre CBS blackface Fender. :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My boyfriend got me a set of Lace Sensors for Christmas, so I fired them into my Strat. They sound great:

405699_10150542903329469_671999468_8653190_899832794_n.jpg

The only thing is, I'm currently playing this upside-down as I'm left-handed. I've been on the lookout for a lefty body for this, and have tried emailing a couple of places that make them to order, with custom colours and stuff, but they seem to have stopped doing them as it's unecomical. I absolutely love the neck on this thing and want to keep it (it's off a 1980's Squier Silver Series), the body is from a mid-90's Fender Japan '57 reissue. Anybody know of anywhere or have any experience of anywhere that makes and sells lefty finished Strat bodies alone? I guess I could just buy one of the new Squiers or something and swap out the body, but the thought of getting a colour I want is appealing. I'd probably try to go for a blonde or surf green.

• Upvote 1