aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

the malekko is cool but has pretty bad low end loss i've heard. a couple of Dr Scientists pedals are amazing (http://www.drscientist.ca/) namely the Sunny day delay and the RRR. had the chance to try a RRR a while ago and fell in love but the prices are pretty scary. Also wanting to try out the EQD dispatch master (http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/devices/dispatchmaster.htm), which is a reverb AND delay which is nice. i have the Bit Commander from them and love it so may pull the trigger on one and take advantage of joespedals.com whole suck it and see policy.

of also if you haven't heard of them i reckon you should have a look at the EQD rainbow machine. something properly unique.

uhhh yeah. i tend to get a bit obsessive over pedals...

Where did she get the Chicklet from? I had my eye on one before I settled for the more readily available (although admittedly very decent) Boss '63 Reverb.

From a seller on here. I was pretty lucky. Had been after one for ages and was about to buy a T-Rex tonebug one instead, and someone on here sold me one at the last minute.

Ha, it was me that sold the Chicklet. Ended up buying a Strymon BlueSky Reverb & the Malekko was surplus to requirements.

Just bought a Providence Anadime Chorus - who fancies buying my ModTone AquaChorus for £30? :p

Hopefully I'll be buying a TrailerTrash Pedalboard & CAE MC-403 PSU as soon as funds allow, fed up having to set them all up individually every time I want to use them!

i've heard loads of good things about the goatkeeper. it's on my to buy list but by that time i'll be running two boards....

are you on i <3 fuzz? worlds best effects forum and a horrible source of G.A.S

I'm on two boards when I play in Seas, Starry. I have a TU-2, EHX Memory Toy delay, T-Rex Reptile tape echo, T-Rex Tremster tremolo, MXR Phase 90, Love Pedal Kalamazoo OD, Earthquaker Devices White Light OD and North Effects Green Russian fuzz on one and a Didgitech Whammy, EHX Holy Grail, MXR 6 band EQ and a Digitech Jamman Solo on the other.

I also love effects!

Can't say I am Gozu, I'm on the esp boards & the general forum there is bad enough. A guy called Kayzer on there records lots of stuff on youtube under xtimehascomex & he's the WORST INFLUENCE EVAR. :p

I've got the following:

EVH Wah

80's EB Volume Pedal

Providence Anadime Chorus

ModTone Aqua Chorus

MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper3 Tremolo

EHX Freeze

Strymon Bluesky Reverb (the shimmer mode puts an instant smile on your face the first time you hear it!)

ISP Decimator

Peterson Strobostomp MkI

Can't think if I've got any more or not, oops!

That chkchkboom looks awesome btw!

What's on your future "shopping list" of effects?

I've got this lined up (hopefully!)

Strymon Timeline

EQD Rainbow Machine

EHX HOG

HBE Frostbite Flanger

Blackout Effectors Whetstone Phaser

Lastgasp Art Laboratories Cyber Psychic Filter

WMD Geiger Counter Fuzz

Boomerang III Looper

Morley Bad Horsie II Wah

CAE MC-403 PSU

TrailerTrash 28" Pedalboard.

oh man.... got NO cash right now (the horror of working retail) but this is the GAS list

dr scientist RRR and Sunny Day Delay

ditto on the Whetstone (got a twosome which i love and [ ] are on their supporters! <3) and Boomerang III

EQD disaster transport

Anything Moogerfooger. can't get enough of my Ring Mod

Infanem Second Voice

Iron Ether Oxide and Frantabit

OhNoHo Utter Stutter

Dwarfcraft Bitmangler, Great Destroyer and Eau Clair Thunder

SS/BS Fuck Overdrive, Team Awesome Fuzzmachine and Year 4545

Black Arts Toneworks Pharoh

Mountainking Megalith

you'll note a HUGE amount of those are fuzz and OD thats because i find you can make a song so much more by simpley shifting the tone of a fuzz...

that being said i am after good reverbs and delays but being a bass player and only stringed instrument i need NO low end loss which is a trouble....

any recommends are always helpful

May I ask why? While I'd imagine there are plenty of truly physical tape delay pedals out there, although I've yet to stumble upon one, my understanding is that what the space echo offers is fairly close to the original beast.

(PS proper posting hiatus brought to an end. Huzzah and hurrah!)

you'll note a HUGE amount of those are fuzz and OD thats because i find you can make a song so much more by simpley shifting the tone of a fuzz...

that being said i am after good reverbs and delays but being a bass player and only stringed instrument i need NO low end loss which is a trouble....

any recommends are always helpful

One of my friends stateside has tried the Pharaoh and didn't like it, just didn't "jive" with him. Particularly sad since he's called Pharaoh himself!

I'd try a Drasp Modded L6 DL4 for delays - he'd be able to set it up specifically for bass I reckon with little hassle !

One of my friends stateside has tried the Pharaoh and didn't like it, just didn't "jive" with him. Particularly sad since he's called Pharaoh himself!

I'd try a Drasp Modded L6 DL4 for delays - he'd be able to set it up specifically for bass I reckon with little hassle !

thats surprising! i've heard nothing but great things about the pharoh.... yeah i spoke to Drasp about modding me a DL4 delays tend to be fine on bass but a lot of reverbs can lose a lot of low end....

Currently playing one of these

Gibson-LP-Special-60s-Tribute-WH.jpg

or one of these

fender-telecaster-classic-player-baja-blonde-kiev_rev002.jpg

Through one of these

orange-th30-head.jpg

Into one of these (with an upgraded Celestion Alnico Gold speaker)

pop-PPC212C_02.jpg

Consequently I have none of these

fifty_pound_note1.jpg

I've been saving towards the amp for a long time now, but the Gibson was an impulse purchase. It's very very hard to say no to a P90 loaded Les Paul when it's costing you barely anything upfront then £23 a month interest free for 2 years. Annoyingly affordable.