aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Guest CRI_MIN_AL

My Shit:

Guitars & Basses - Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster (DADGBE)

70's Telecaster Deluxe Copy (DbAbDbGbBbEb)

Gibson Les Paul DC Special (EADGBE)

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty (CGCFAD)

Liberty Acoustic Guitar (EbAbDbGbBbEb)

Fender Mike Dirnt Precision Bass (EADG or DADG)

cheap Crafter Jazz Bass (EbAbDbGb)

Amps - Fender FM 25R (very good for a small solid state)

Acoustic Control Corp. 117 (good for cleans and bass, quite rare as well)

Effects - Boss CS-3 -> EH Big Muff (Russian) -> Ernie Ball VP Junior -> Digitech Whammy 4 -> Vox Wah -> cheap Beringher Multi-Effects pedal (flanger and tremolo) -> Boss DD-7

Other - Boss DR-550 Drum Machine (shared with Yh_Buddy_ )

Korg Kaoss PAd Mini (use as filter for drum machine)

EBow

Epiphone Mandobird (for rocking some Arcade Fire and REM :p)

Where do I start? I am a self confirmed gear addict.

Electrics:

Ibanez S series with a custom built set of electrics: Seymour SH'59 in the neck, a duckbucker in the middle and a custom custom in the bridge, with coil tap for all, runs through the following:

Korg Pitchblack tuner,

BYOC tubescreamer clone,

Jim Dunlop crybaby,

Boss Turbo Distortion,

Boss Acoustic Simulator,

Boss Phase Shifter,

Boss Flanger,

Boss Chorus Ensemble,

Marshall Vibratrem,

Zoom volume pedal,

Biyang Analog Delay,

Biyang Tri Reverb.

Into a Marshall 100DFX.

Sometimes I switch to a Marshall 9000 series rack preamp, with a Behringer (sorry) Modulizer Pro, (purely for the cab simulation).

Acoustic:

Takamine (iforgetmodelno), with a Nex body, into a Korg PXR4.

Bass:

Yammy RBX270, into a digitech RP6, into a Peavey basic 60.

Drums:

Gretsch Catalina 4 piece, with some ziljian hats, a couple of ziljian thin crash's and a UPIF jazzer thing (with the rivets).

Keys: A yammy PSR-350 (Used only as a midi control).

Recording gear:

Motu 828 MkII into a Macbook Pro running Logic 9 Pro and Reason 4. FX loop has a Zoom Studio 1204 and a Boss RCL-10 Compressor. Twin monitors, Samson Servo 170 amp powering a pair of Bowers & Wilkinson 600 series as monitors. Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX for tracking drums.

Mics:

SM58 x 2

SM57 x 4

NT1-a x 2 (Matched Pair)

Heil PR48 x 1

AKG D112 x 1

Oktava 012 x 2 (Matched Pair)

Lots of guitars lying in a jumble...

No. I won't post my address. Looking forward to talking with fellow gear junkies.

Bizarrely, at lunchtime, I managed to scoop, free, gratis and nothing, a Cry Baby (think it needs looking at, it's really quiet when off, then loupin' loud when kicked in), and, much more comically, a Digitech Grungin' pedal, thats obv what it should be called.

image.php?type=P&id=2703

Not what I'd buy, but got 5 minutes of sticking it into my fuzz, and there was muchtortion, and yea, it was good

Bizarrely, at lunchtime, I managed to scoop, free, gratis and nothing, a Cry Baby (think it needs looking at, it's really quiet when off, then loupin' loud when kicked in), and, much more comically, a Digitech Grungin' pedal, thats obv what it should be called.

image.php?type=P&id=2703

Not what I'd buy, but got 5 minutes of sticking it into my fuzz, and there was muchtortion, and yea, it was good

Also known as the SooperKeef Signature model.

• 2 weeks later...
Finished my tele assembly.

I've been documenting the process and will start a dedicated thread showing exactly how I went about it sometime when I can be arsed, but here she is in the meantime.

172829_501235357363_573972363_6030147_364867_o.jpg

172829_501235382363_573972363_6030151_5324602_o.jpg

Oh ! nice Bigs..... really nice.... good job min....10/10

I'm droolin' slightly.....

(nb... did you not fancy Wilkinson compensated brass saddles for better intonation, I really like em' since I got them for my Tele ? )

Oh ! nice Bigs..... really nice.... good job min....10/10

I'm droolin' slightly.....

(nb... did you not fancy Wilkinson compensated brass saddles for better intonation, I really like em' since I got them for my Tele ? )

Was planning on going for those, but the wonderful MikeyEB from on here sold me the bridge he took off his 50s Classic Vibe Squier at a price I couldn't say no to... and threw in the switch tip gratis! Thanks again man!

To be honest I tend to take a fairly laissez-faire approach to intonation anyway, prefer a bar bridge if at all possible. :)

Body is paulownia from Guitar Fetish. Unbelivable how light it is.

Pups are Bare Knuckle Yardbird. Very impressed so far but need to use it with the band to make a proper judgement.

Hopefilly making its live debut at The Malpaso Gang gig at The Moorings on 26th March!

Finished my tele assembly.

I've been documenting the process and will start a dedicated thread showing exactly how I went about it sometime when I can be arsed, but here she is in the meantime.

172829_501235357363_573972363_6030147_364867_o.jpg

172829_501235382363_573972363_6030151_5324602_o.jpg

Thats real nice,

If you dont mind me asking what did you spend roughly.

Im thinking of doing one.

Thats real nice,

If you dont mind me asking what did you spend roughly.

Im thinking of doing one.

Good question, haven't actually totted it up until now.

Bought a 1996 Korean Squier tele that a mate had installed the Bare Knuckles in for 80, took the neck, pups and electronics

Body and pickguard from GFS were 70 shipped plus 10 duty to Royal Mail

Fender decals I had left over from another project, but lets say 10

Bridge and switch tip 5 (thanks again MikeyEB!)

Strap buttons 4 I think

Neck plate 4 I think

String ferrules 5

I think that's everything.

Total 188 unless I've forgotten anything.

I can assure you, this thing SMOKES any guitar you could buy for under 200, no question.

Oh, I spent a few quid on tools as well.

For example I bought an egg whisk hand drill, as I was worried about going overboard with my power drill. I got fed up of that though, it was crap.

I also bought something ace called a hinge bit. Go and look them up, basically they allow you to drill perfectly straight holes. Great buy for a couple of quid.

Except this is surf green. :)

Really, is this one of those light things, or one of those things, where peoples definitions of the things that they perceive never match, because the inside of the minds eye is unmeasurable. Or is it just nitrocellulose? I have no doubt that the paint said surf green, but it just looks so blue compared to the Fenders that I've seen marked Surf Green, of which this would be exemplary.

orig-7011121.jpg

This looks closer, but is Seafoam Green, a conflation I often make with Surf

Custom_Vintage_Humbucker_Telecaster_Heavy_Relic_Nocaster_Neck_Seafoam_Green_R37006combo.jpg

Ach my inner pedant drives me on, I think it looks nicer than the things I think of as Surf Green, like the 1st strat above, but nomenclature and semantics are always worth pinning down, or wallowing in mutual incomprehension.

Not fancy a blackplate like the one above? it's affa nice too.

Guest dopethrone

my current rig is looking like this (photos to follow, maybe)

Premier Cabria w/ Black Hardware (22, 12 rack, 14 floor)

Gretsch Catalina Club Snare (14x6.5) w/ S-Hoop + Evans Hydraulic Black snare head

Zildjian 1979 22" A Custom Ping Ride (heavy bastard)

Zildjian 22" A Custom Ride (Cracked to the point that its heavily weighted on one side)

Zildjian 22" Deep Ride (Cracked on both sides, sounds like a traash/china)

KRUT (lol) 22" ride w/ sizzle holes (Sounds like shit)

Meinl 20" Powerful Crash (cracked all the way round the edge so may well be a 19")

Meinl Classics Hi-Hats (Top and bottom both cracked)

Paiste PST hi-hats (surprisingly robust)

Gibraltar Double Kick (doesnt work properly)

Dont use all these cymbals at once, but they're what I own.