aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

If your on a budget Bugera are worth checking out. I bought a 6262 head and I seriously dig the tone, anything from a warm rock sound to brutal metal and it has great cleans. Depends on what your looking for. I haven't gigged with my 6262 so I can't speak for reliability (however my first 6262 head came dead on arrival but I bought from GAK and got a replacement the following day) but I've had it for about 6-7 months now and no complaints thus far although reading reviews online reliability is a slight concern. Not saying don't get the 6505 far from it, hell it's distortion probably sounds a bit better than Bugera but its a cheaper option that is worth checking out.. :rockon:

If your on a budget Bugera are worth checking out. I bought a 6262 head and I seriously dig the tone, anything from a warm rock sound to brutal metal and it has great cleans. Depends on what your looking for. I haven't gigged with my 6262 so I can't speak for reliability (however my first 6262 head came dead on arrival but I bought from GAK and got a replacement the following day) but I've had it for about 6-7 months now and no complaints thus far although reading reviews online reliability is a slight concern. Not saying don't get the 6505 far from it, hell it's distortion probably sounds a bit better than Bugera but its a cheaper option that is worth checking out.. :rockon:

Im going to buy the bugera, if i could afford the 6505 then i would get it, but it would take far too long for me to save for it,

i hear that the most common faults are really easy to replace things,

Guest orphan
Is that a USA Vintage '52 telecaster in butterscotch blonde or do my eyes deceive me?

If it is, then that is a beautiful, lovely, fantastic piece of instrument.

That's her! She plays like an absolute beauty. :)

The purchase of my Bugera 333 Head was a similar story as yours. Mine worked fine out the box and fell in love wi it. On the sixth day it blew. I also got it from GAK, they have a 30day warranty with them from GAK so you can send it back even if you don't want it. They replaced it no problem. The new one has been going since november last year no problems what so ever. I've taken it to toms and MV heaps, played about 4 gigs with it and it still sounds awesome!

I got it for about 370. plus i noticed on their website they have extended their range of products: BUGERA: Home

V22_P0803_Front_web.png

22 watt vintage 2 channel amp combo with reverb

V55HD_P0A03_Front_web.png

55 watt vintage 2 hannel amp head with reverb

1960_P0671__Front_web.png

1960 classic 150 watt hi gain valve head

V5_P0806_Front_web.png

5 watt class A valve combo with reverb and power attenuator

What's your thoughts on the MXR DI? Read mixed things but from what I gather it seems to be a better bet tone wise than the Sansamps.

The MXR is great. The distortion channel is the best bass distortion I've ever heard (Josh from ETID used one through his irange AD200 and it sounded great). You'd prolly like it for the stuff you play. Live I'd say the MXR is definitely better, the colour switch makes the tubes in the Mesa sing (you don't need the distortion channel - if anything I'd use it more in quieter parts where the bass is playing a more prominent part and switch it off for a fuller sound)

If you're recording a DI channel I'd pick the sansamp everytime. I set it flat then just adjust tiny things and it sounds good. There's not much difference between them in terms of DI, but there's something about the BDDI which is inarguably better DI'd.

All rounder - I'd go for the MXR. It's got a phantom out - which is an unaffected signal - really useful.

Your welcome to try if you fancy.

Orphan - your guitar is lush.

• 3 weeks later...

no. not a mark, its a genuine hole.....

The Tele is my attempt at Rossi's pre 3 Lace Sensor/Strat configaration.....

cira 1986.....

although I don't want to change the bridge to a Tune-o-matic and stop tailpiece like his was !....... (I may do that later !)

I nicely relic'ed the body to look approximately as his, and the paint scheme is :

Body front - Green (Hammerrite Smooth and rubbed off in places)

Body sides - Matt Black

Body rear - Darkened Natural Wood

then all sprayed with 4 coats of semi-gloss clear lacquer.....

a replacement maple neck with 22 frets (NO skunk stripe) as per original.

sweet!

he says (tongue in cheek) that he cut the hole for threading his cable through to anchor it, while out of his skull.... doh !! (apparently not realising he could loop it through his guitar strap)..... personally I think that, that is his own "in joke"

I actually think it was an attempt to fit a "Hipshot B' Bender" then changed his mind !

Yeah, I think he is a very under-rated guitarist.... (Parfitt, too, a great rhythm player)

Can you trust ebay with buying gear? i saw a JCM200 DSL going pretty cheap, but it's pretty much my rent money when i go to college i'd be parting with, easily replaceable if i want to work harder this month before i move out, but i don't want to be ripped off!

Thought yer work wouldnae let you in wi only one yak-brow, you getting paid for being off? then its easy work :up: