aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

the guy that's not mick something from slipknot has a sig tele with EMGs, but it's not what you would expect really, all that's left is the body that is still tele, even then i think the wood is completely diferent so, it's not really a tele at all.

When i did this to mine, the jim root tele wasnt out yet, ended up costing about 500 or around about that,

Apparently them VHTs sound tasty.

The nearest competitor I can hear tonally is the Diezel Herbert at low volumes, obviously not _as_ good but it's pretty close, gives me a decent "Hail Destroyer" by the Cancer Bats tone.

The tubes in it really need to be cranked to shine (as I found out when I was trying it out in the guitar store I bought it in and some fucker before me had dimed the volume and gain and it nearly took my head off my shoulders!) but it still sounds nice when it's quiet. It starts to get far more aggressive when you start giving it beans and it responds fantastically to picking dynamics.

A rather nice clean tone on it as well. :gringo:

The nearest competitor I can hear tonally is the Diezel Herbert at low volumes, obviously not _as_ good but it's pretty close, gives me a decent "Hail Destroyer" by the Cancer Bats tone.

that album was recorded with a Herbert (and also sometimes combined with a VH4 too) :up:

This thread is useless without pictures, so, here we go.

Amps...

1995 Marshall JCM900 SL-X 2100, 1985 Marshall 4x12 with Celestion V30's

CIMG5708.jpg

1981 Fender Pro Reverb

CIMG5711.jpg

Effects...

Maxon OD808, MXR Phase 90, Homebuilt AB Box, Line 6 DL4, Boss NS-2, Boss TU-2

CIMG5709.jpg

Guitars...

Homebuilt Telecaster(I finished this guitar as well)

CIMG55771.jpg

2008 Gibson Les Paul Classic

CIMG5601.jpg

Orville Les Paul

CIMG5249.jpg

Recording...

Macbook, Digidesign 002R, Motu 8 Pre (connected via ADAT), Yamaha HS50M's, 4 SM57's, AKG D112, Studio Projects B1, AKG C1000's, Sony 7506 Headphones.

CIMG5723.jpg

Drum gear:

Mapex Pro-M Drum Kit (5 piece with 10", 12", 14" Toms)

Yamaha DFP-9410 pedals (those are the direct drive ones)

Cymbals: 14" Hats - Sabian Pro Sonix, 17" Crash - Sabian Hand Hammered, 18" Crash - Zildjian Z-Custom, 19" Crash - Sabian Hand Hammered, 20" Ride - Sabian Pro Sonix, 20" China - Paiste.

Yamaha DTXpressIII electric drum kit used live for my DDRUM bass drum trigger

mydrumkit.jpg

Studio gear:

PC (XP) running Pro Tools 7.3.1

M-Audio ProjectMix I/O (audio interface / motorised control surface)

ESI nEar08 EXperience speakers (Pair)

TAPCO S5 speakers (Pair)

Roland SH-201 Synthesizer

Nice diagram :D

Finally got all my gear together in the same place for a group shot.

n573972363_1294202_7907.jpg

Back row: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Gibson Les Paul 1954 Reissue, Fender Mark Knopfler Stratocaster, Silvertone 1452 "Hornet

On sofa from left: Fender mandolin, Mystery banjo, Vintage ukelele, Mystery violin circa 19th c

Front row from left: Tatra Classic, Squier 51 aka Fender Mattocaster, Epiphone Chet Atkins SST, Squier Precision, Gretsch 6119, Gibson J-45, Eko Ranger XII, Burns Double Six

bloody hell that's quite a collection!

• 3 weeks later...

Guitars:

guitars.jpg

2008 Gibson Les Paul Custom

2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard

Fender Super Strat

Ibanez RG270

Amps:

amps.jpg

Marshall Vintage Modern 2266

Marshall DSL401

Marshall AVT20 Tribute version

Effects:

effects.jpg

Boss TU-2

Morley Bad Horsie

Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Fulltone OCD

Boss TR-2

Boss CH-1

Boss DD-3

Put This wee practice rig together at the weekend. Bought that wee blackstar that sounds superb after a tube change and a few tweeks. Its only 5 watts but with the switching systems i can use it through the power sections of the Mesa's for a bigger sound.

phptUvEdyAM.jpg

your putting the preamp of a 250 amp through 2 power sections of 2 1k plus amps... for practice, or am I well off?

your putting the preamp of a 250 amp through 2 power sections of 2 1k plus amps... for practice, or am I well off?

Trust me it sounds superb, It may be a 250 quid preamp going through 4K of amps but it really works for certain sounds. honestly sounds real good. I was suprised when i tried that wee thing. Sounded really good, I have made a few adjustments internally and better tubes which make it even better. Boosting it with a few pedals as well.

I was hoping to put my triaxis in that rack as well but I am getting a few ground issues and stereo / mono issues that are conflicting with using the full stereo capability of the G major so I either need to buy another G major or get back to the drawing board. Took me long enough to get each amp to use the same Effects when they run together

Put This wee practice rig together at the weekend. Bought that wee blackstar that sounds superb after a tube change and a few tweeks. Its only 5 watts but with the switching systems i can use it through the power sections of the Mesa's for a bigger sound.

phptUvEdyAM.jpg

Are you serious? am I missing the irony? 5000 + practice rig?!! how much do you earn from music? why would you require such a complex setup to rehearse?

This is a joke..... right?

Are you serious? am I missing the irony? 5000 + practice rig?!! how much do you earn from music? why would you require such a complex setup to rehearse?

This is a joke..... right?

some people spend that much on high quality rigs, others don't, sure you said something like that once...

Why would it be ironic anyway to use a 5k rig for band practices?

A lot of people act like its taboo. I don't see the problem if i did. I have a lot of gear and want to use it as much as i can. If i take my Diezel and a Bogner cab to a band practice thats a 3.5k rig so there isn't that much of a difference.

Or is this me being frowned upon by people that slate other musicians for using expensive gear?

Should the same apply to guitars? Should you practice with a 2.5k les paul custom or should you practice with a 100 westfield les paul copy as its just for practice

I don't see the problem and its my gear so if I want to use it for a practice then I would. I have a good job that pays for my obsession and I have a very understanding better half that encourages me to buy gear I want. I would still buy it even if I didn't earn a penny out of playing.

• Upvote 1

seems you don't need expensive gear that sounds great if you don't play enough to justify having it.

I know, Seems I should sell it to please people and get myself a Roland Cube or something :D

I don't care if some folk don't like other folk with expensive gear. I have worked hard to get it and I am obsessed with buying gear and building rigs. The bigger the better I say :D

In all honesty I am better at building rigs than guitar playing but it won't stop me buying and playing gear whether its expensive or not. When I was 18 I used to dream of owning Mesa Boogies and stuff like that.

I know, Seems I should sell it to please people and get myself a Roland Cube or something :D

I don't care if some folk don't like other folk with expensive gear. I have worked hard to get it and I am obsessed with buying gear and building rigs. The bigger the better I say :D

In all honesty I am better at building rigs than guitar playing but it won't stop me buying and playing gear whether its expensive or not. When I was 18 I used to dream of owning Mesa Boogies and stuff like that.

totally agree.

I like buying gear, I don't really have the money to do it, but when I do, I love it.

I remember once getting really upset when I was younger because I never thought that I would be able to own any sort of bass amp, and I would never be able to afford another bass.

Now I have 4 basses and a great amp and cab set up and I wouldn't change them for the world.

Mesa Boogie is the shnizz