aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
jcn

Am I totally alone, or does anyone else like disco?

Hiya

The Studio 54 night at the Tunnels got me thinking, I seem to be the only one in my group of friends that likes disco music. It's just so fun and happy, I love it!!

Cheers

Jayne

I don't see why people moaned about it in the late 70's - compared to todays "disco" music it was very talented and catchy. Now all we get is ned beats and crap like the Pussycat Dolls *throws up*

The 'Disco Sucks' campaign in the US in the 70's was racism, simple as that. I don't see how anyone couldn't like a bit of Chic, at the very least.

Check out the Dimitri from Paris 'Dim's Disco Mixtape' here, well funkin HOME OF THE DISCO NERD

I got mine from another site, but this one looks awesome.

Yeah, Chic and all its variations (Sister Sledge etc) was some of the greatest music ever made.

Lots of other great disco tracks too, Donna Summer stuff, Funky Town etc.

I love the Stones, but while 'Miss You' is ace, its too lumpy to be proper disco, more disco-flavoured. I'd say 'He's the Greatest Dancer' would have to be the pinnacle, Nile's riff is the equal of any Stones or Zep, add some transcendant Rhodes and the Universes tightest rythym section, its on it.

Yeah, Chic and all its variations (Sister Sledge etc) was some of the greatest music ever made.

Lots of other great disco tracks too, Donna Summer stuff, Funky Town etc.

I couldnt agree more.. Chic rock... but then I wouldn't really listen to it... Theres just too much other good music in the world *sigh*

Anyway.. everybody knows that everybody dance by chic was the greatest disco record ever.. :up: