aberdeen-music

What's in your drinks cabinet?

Guest Neutral

Guest Neutral

I just had some guys from work round for a drink and they seemed confused about the drink when asked why they said they never knew what half the stuff was - not hard since there is so little.

Crabbie ginger wine

Buckfast

Sanatogen(oh isnt that an over the counter medicine?)

Port

Mosel White Wine

Bottle of Buccaneer Whisky

The Sanatogen question is what spurred me to post this

I just had some guys from work round for a drink and they seemed confused about the drink when asked why they said they never knew what half the stuff was - not hard since there is so little.

Crabbie ginger wine

Buckfast

Sanatogen(oh isnt that an over the counter medicine?)

Port

Mosel White Wine

Bottle of Buccaneer Whisky

The Sanatogen question is what spurred me to post this

Sanatogen is a vitamin supplement....

Guest Neutral
A fortified Wine by all accounts.

"The name 'Tonic Wine' does not imply health giving or medicinal properties" o_O and to think all these years i thought it was a cure for the common cold

"The name 'Tonic Wine' does not imply health giving or medicinal properties" o_O and to think all these years i thought it was a cure for the common cold

Haha, is the ginger wine any good? Can't say i've ever tasted that.

And Buckfast? Is there some White Lightning and a couple of cans of Kestrel in there too ;)

Guest Neutral
Haha, is the ginger wine any good? Can't say i've ever tasted that.

And Buckfast? Is there some White Lightning and a couple of cans of Kestrel in there too ;)

Ginger wine is awesome think ginger beer with a slightly less fizzy flavour

4 cans grolsch in the fridge

You know its amazing o_O

In my cupboard theres a few bottles of Corona, bottles of Stella, a bottle of Champagne and some Blue Curacao which is an orange liqueur. Never understood how an orange liqueur ended up blue.

I also have a bottle of chocolate red wine. But I'm not planning on drinking it (sounds disgusting)...just bought it for the nice bottle.

Theres red/white/rose wine in the wine rack in my house. And gin, vodka, Grand Marnier, Angostura Bitters, Irish Country Cream, sherry and whiskey in the drinks cabinet. And some Grenadine! Which isn't alcoholic but it is good. And it has a fish on the bottle.

various vodkas, (i like stolichnaya at the moment for some reason), various gins, a bottle of famous grouse for pissed guests who are too drunk to care, bottle of white bacardi, braastadt vsop brandy (so drinkable it's almost gone), a decent single malt at all times, bottle of linie aquavit, aalborg porse and dild aquavits, yeni raki, sherry, port, baileys, tia maria, angostura bitters and a scary selection of liqueurs mostly given to me by people which include things like vedrenne supercassis and some wierd shit from portugal that tastes of almonds. I usually have tonic, soda and something like coke or ginger beer in the fridge along with a selection of good continental beers, and have an out of control bed of mint outside so I've been drinking mojitos a lot lately.

Just checked mine coz i haven't been in there for ages:

1 x half bottle JD

2 x half bottles Famous Grouse

1 x Disaronno

1 x Drambuie

1 x Morgans Spice

1 x Chivas Regal

1 x Macallan

1 x half bottle Smirnoff

1 x Smirnoff Citrus Vodka (i think i brought this back from Norway about 12 years ago)

1 x Archers

1 x Cointreau

1 x Southern Comfort

1 x Napoleon Brandy

1 x Glen Goyne Whisky

1 x 12yo The Antiquary Whisky

and 1 bottle of very cheap looking Champagne with an inch of dust on it.

Also just found a gift box with various Aftershocks in it.

I should mention that no-one in my house drinks alcohol.

I spose its kind of handy if i forget someones birthday i can always just grab a bottle and pretend i bought it for them.