aberdeen-music

When will the governments realise its got to be funky sexy ladies

FatHand

I like their songs but I think the best thing about them is the sitcom itself, I think it stands out as a really brilliant comedy programme with or without the musical interludes.

Before I'd actually seen the series, I assumed it was some kind of musi-comedy sketch show with a succession of parodies of different genres, but in reality it's a brilliant 'lo-fi' kind of sitcom in the style of The Office or Curb Your Enthusiasm. The guy who plays Murray is brilliant.

I love the bit when they're discussing Quincy Jones.

Murray:What are some albums that he's done, Bret?

Bret: Michael Jackson's "Off The Wall"

Murray: I'll say he is...he's off the planet. Wants to freeze himself, doesn't he?

I'm also possibly a little bit in love with kristin schaal who plays the mad fan.

Have you seen any of their stand up show? It's got all the charm of the TV show.

My mates came across them at the Edinburgh Festival by accident a few years ago. I pretty jealous, think it would be hilarious and the songs are better live. I've spent far too much time watching them on youtube.

My favourite clip

"Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees"

I can't recommend the radio programme to people enough- very similar to the TV show except it's set in the UK as opposed to New York. Rob Brydon does a brilliant job as narrator.

Fact of the day- those Phones 4 U adverts from a few years back starred Bret and Jermaine. You'll no doubt remember it- two guys with acoustics in a van ("phones, for you, for less, at Phones 4 U").

Winner! Love the Conchords. I've been watching and downloading clips for the last few months and finally bought the DVD on the weekend.

Everyone I've met who likes them thinks they're the only one, it's ace. You can be in the middle of a conversation, drop in a random quote which you're sure is going to be ignored and they say the next bit back. Love it.

'I'm not crying, I've just been chopping some onions. I'm making a lasagne...for one'

Do you not just get really sick of putting everything down all the time and not being at all constructive ever?

FOTC are funny men, in general.

Do you not just get sick of watching crap like those guys on telly? I hate to break it to you, but you perceive me as being a constant critic of everything you like, because literally everything you like is utter shit and you are a mindless philistine.

Do you not just get sick of watching crap like those guys on telly? I hate to break it to you, but you perceive me as being a constant critic of everything you like, because literally everything you like is utter shit and you are a mindless philistine.

Were you dropped on the head as a child?

• Upvote 2

Do you not just get really sick of putting everything down all the time and not being at all constructive ever?

Remember the Reputation system everyone. You can give negative as well as positive reputation to other people. ;)

No, I enjoy them. And how can you say that?

What makes me a mindless philistine? Because YOU disagree with me? Well Stripey, I've heard your music and I think its complete garbage, repetative and could be made by most children with a computer, but normally I still don't feel the need to have a go at your intelligience.

And yes. if it was just this one opinion fine, but almost every single thread you have some negative comment about something or other. You seem like the type of spineless bastard who likes to be completely non-conformist sitting behind a computer screen, or on a forum, but wouldn't dare say that to anyones faces.

No, I enjoy them. And how can you say that?

What makes me a mindless philistine? Because YOU disagree with me? .

No, the evidence speaks for itself.

and please, do try and move on from "your opinion is invalid because i dont like your music" and "ohhh look at you being all tough behind a computer" every time your opinion is challenged. It's so childish.

I hate to break it to you, but you perceive me as being a constant critic of everything you like, because literally everything you like is utter shit and you are a mindless philistine.
Hey it's a thread about thoughts on aberdeen, I'm posting my thoughts on the city just as everyone else is. There's no need to make it personal.

Hmmmmmmm...

• Upvote 1

I get a sinking feeling every time I see a standup comedian come on stage with a guitar in their hands.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean, the comedy song is generally an awful, awful idea. I think they do a good job though.

I think the actual sitcom itself though surpasses their stuff as an actual comedy-band or their stage show. It's actually a shame that people focus far more on their songs than their actual ability as great comic actors. Jermaine is actually brilliant in Eagle vs Shark.

I've seen various bits of their output. I get a sinking feeling every time I see a standup comedian come on stage with a guitar in their hands.

I feel exactly the same way, so had been avoiding hearing any of their material. I heard the "funky sexy ladies" song tonight however and thought it was alright - certainly better than most of the comedy songs you'd ever hear.

The problem with songs/skits like these is that the joke quickly wears off and yr left with the horrors of novelty music.

I'm trying to give you negative reputation but it says I have to spread it around before giving it to you again. So I'm just going to call you a cunt and be done with it.

• Upvote 1