aberdeen-music

Out of action (Aberdeen)

Spector303

:band:Hello all,

2 years out of action due to job and life relocation to Aberdeenshire and now missing the band thing badly.

Male guitarist/vocalist young 40s! pretty good, seeks role in band - fronting or in supporting role, any interesting projects considered.

20 years or so band/live experience in Bristol/Bath area - influences mainly Brit/mod guitar based bands, Dodgy, Weller, Kinks, Beatles, Zutons, Kula Shaker, Supergrass etc etc

Good gear Rick, Vox, Gibson, etc.

Also - anyone know of some good open mic night venues for Aberdeen please?

• 2 weeks later...

guitarist looking

I am also mature, and I feel the need to get back into the band thing again. Someone who can sing lead and play an instrument is what I'm really looking for to form the nucleus of a band. I've played mainly rock/pop/blues and I am a useful harmony singer, and lead as well, but prefer to let someone else take over vocally. You can hear me play at Sydney Drum Tutor - Drum Tuition for Sydney Australia - Follow links to "Dave Harris Band" and "Virtual Floyd". I'm singing harmony on Ricky Don't Lose that Number. I used to play with the drummer Simon Abbott, before he emigrated. My email is alan99manley@yahoo.co.uk and my tel no 07749 876484. As far as open mic nites go, don't go to The Globe on Sundays. It's really awful. I couldn't say anything about the other venues. Good luck Alan