aberdeen-music

the bbc t in the park coverage

ben_1903

is shite. Im getting tired of fat-ass Vic Galloway lying through is teeth about liking all these piss poor bands, or perhaps he has just got very low standards these days. Additionally his co-host, Noel Fielding look-a-like, is an utter idiot. They have no opinion and have nothing put praise for poor performances (eg kate nashs' frankly embarrassing set).

The coverage is extremely bias towards the inide/dull side of things - wombats, kt tunstal, fratellis, kaiser chiefs, kooks, enemy, etc etc etc

When they do mention 'scary rock music' they generally act relly patronising towards it, in the same way news readers giggle at a cute 'cat stuck up a tree' story at the end of the news. They may show a couple short clips, and thats about it.

discuss.

was there any coverage of pendulum? they played a blinder, had king tuts packed out, then towards the end everyone that was left outside that couldnt get in stormed the sequrity guards and broke through the barrier. you would have expected that sort of thing to happen at rage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tinthepark/2008/artist/pendulum/index.shtml#emp

I didn't see the storming of King Tuts because we knew to head there early in order to get in. I did wonder why there were so many security guards outside the place during The Charlatans though.

was there any coverage of pendulum? they played a blinder, had king tuts packed out, then towards the end everyone that was left outside that couldnt get in stormed the sequrity guards and broke through the barrier. you would have expected that sort of thing to happen at rage

Thousands of neds storm pendulum "performance", how unsurprising.

The coverage is extremely bias towards the inide/dull side of things - wombats, kt tunstal, fratellis, kaiser chiefs, kooks, enemy, etc etc etc

When they do mention 'scary rock music' they generally act relly patronising towards it, in the same way news readers giggle at a cute 'cat stuck up a tree' story at the end of the news. They may show a couple short clips, and thats about it.

discuss.

Were there even any "Scary Rock" bands playing? I was there for 3 days and I didn't see any. It was essentially an indie pop festival this year. They can only show coverage of what's actually happening at the festival you realise....

Were there even any "Scary Rock" bands playing? I was there for 3 days and I didn't see any. It was essentially an indie pop festival this year. They can only show coverage of what's actually happening at the festival you realise....

they did a couple of patronising pieces on the bands playing the relentless tent, and a few other more rocky bands lower down the general bill.

I thought it really was noel fielding for a moment. I would gladly punch those 2 and vic galloway in the cock for being utter twats.

I really have to take issue with this - it was Ronnie Wood, not noel fucking fielding.

Actually she used to be in El Presidente, who were frankly shite. Her presenting skills aren't a huge improvement really

What's with sponsored music events right now? T in the Park, Itunes Festival, Smirnoff experience with Mark Ronson and Duran Duran? All on tv at the same time over the past two days.

Oh and the itunes coverage was the worst - generic unfunny T4 guy and Peaches Geldof

But all the best music is to be heard at corporate entertainment events such as glastonborey and t in the park!