aberdeen-music

Pizza!

fatboy

BTW Chris, that's authentic Italian pizzeria service, the best ones make you lay your own table as well so think yourself lucky.

Perhaps you misunderstood, I was annoyed at them pouring the wine and wished them to leave it the fuck alone. Don't mind them pouring the first glass but after that they should just leave it be.

Perhaps you misunderstood, I was annoyed at them pouring the wine and wished them to leave it the fuck alone. Don't mind them pouring the first glass but after that they should just leave it be.

No, you misunderstood. That's how "rude" they are in pizzeria's in Italy. Get 'em in, feed 'em, sling 'em out.

I was in a little trattoria in the spanish quarter of Naples where the owner came out and asked everyone to hurry up because there was a queue. No one batted an eye, some people laughed, that was it. If the food is good...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Its what you and Scorge do when you play darts. But without the darts. And with candlelight. And a meal. And oral sex.

A hetero-guy date is pretend poof, then?

Not :up:

wine story

In Switzerland you don't get to touch the wine bottle at all. The waitress pours your first glass then hooks a wine cooler over the side of the table, and every time she walks past the table she sees if you need a refill and tops your glass up. The first time I went out for ameal there I started pouring the wine myself and a waitress came bounding accross the restaurant and told me it's her job to make sure the wine glass is always full. It's part of the "total service" thing so you don't actually have to do anything. Are you sure it wasn't that she was trying to give you great service as opposed to chasing you out the door?

Are you sure it wasn't that she was trying to give you great service as opposed to chasing you out the door?

Yeah that's the point I was trying to make about Ian misunderstanding me, I don't think they were trying to give me shit service, just giving an unwanted service. There was no push to get us fed and out the door.

It just seemed really strange that after pouring the first glass they left the wine alone until much later (and a few manual refills) when they decided to empty the bottle for us.