aberdeen-music

Pizza!

fatboy

i used to be a die hard piccolo pizza goer. yummy pizza and also their BOGOF deal. Recently have strayed to snappy tomato favoring their thick chunky square pan pizza.

Where do you get your pizza from and who does the best deals?

pizza hut and domino's don't count they're both shite

Every time I've had Snappy Tomato (which in all fairness is probably 3 times max) it's been disgusting. Tasted sweet, if I recall correctly. I usually go for Milano in Bridge of Don, but I don't know why because they aren't that good really. I really like La Lombarda's pizzas- seems they do takeaways as well.

Yup, Dominos is the shiz. Always tasty, always scalding hot when it's delievered and with Snapfax discount it's a bit of a bargain.

Toppings wise I usually got for roast chicken, green peppers, black olives and sometimes anchovies. Only fault with Dominos is that the anchovies are huge and can be a bit over powering.

I make my own pizzas and they shit on anything I've ever eaten in Aberdeen and cost a couple of quid to make each. Plus you get the added boost of not getting dodgy meat toppings (ala dominos).

Amen to that! I love snappy, but the other half doesn't. She likes PHD but I'm not keen on them. Pizza hut is a happy medium for us. Never had a bad pizza, and can always get B.O.G.O.F. so it isn't too expensive, but homemade beats everything!

we sometimes make mini pizzas using pitta bread and they're ace. the last ones we made i had tomato and basil pasta sauce as a base, thick slices of mozzarella, proscuito ham, mushrooms, jalapeno's and a wee bit of goats cheese. drizzle some olive oil over the top and season before sticking under the oven. amazing!

we sometimes make mini pizzas using pitta bread and they're ace. the last ones we made i had tomato and basil pasta sauce as a base, thick slices of mozzarella, proscuito ham, mushrooms, jalapeno's and a wee bit of goats cheese. drizzle some olive oil over the top and season before sticking under the oven. amazing!

Cool - I do exactly the same thing, but with less toppings and nae olio.

Cheap as fuck and MUCH less calorific than the Fat Boy Specials you get form Snappy, PHD et al.

Piccolo pizza is fucking horrible. The tomato sauce is disgusting and the crust is so hard you can hardly bite through it. The only reason anybody goes there is because you get two pizzas for the price of one. It's a classic case of quantity over quality.

Personally I like Dominos and Pizza Hut, I had a Pizza Hut cheesy bites Meditterean Meats pizza last night and it was fucking yummy. I prety much keep the new Dominos in Mastrick in business single handedly. On the rare occasion I stray elsewhere, I like Snappy Tomato, but my favourite would probably be La Lombardo on the corner of King Street and Union Street, their pizzas are delicious, but they don't deliver. Milano on Ellon Road is quite good, as is the big place on Market Street that used to do great kebabs but doesn't anymore. You know the one.

speaking about pizza anyone been to the new Pizza Express on Belmont Street?

Went there tonight to use up a voucher. Pretty good, usual Pizza Express standard. If you want a sit down meal that's a step up from pizza hut then it's the business.

Only bad point was the service had a noticible hit when it got to the peak busy period and a waitress did a strange thing near the end of our meal. She walked over (wasn't the same waitress we'd had all night) and started pouring out the remains of our wine bottle into our glasses. Never seen that before. Not sure what the point was but it was annoying. Once the bottle is open and on the table they should fucking well leave it. We've bought the whole bottle so it's up to us how we're going to drink it.

But anyway, sloppy guiseppe up to the usual pizza express high standards.

speaking about pizza anyone been to the new Pizza Express on Belmont Street?

Me and my mate went on a hetero-guy-date there on Saturday night (i'm sure the waitress thought we were gay) and i have to say i was quite impressed. I had a Capricciosa and the combination of boiled egg and anchovies was quality :)

I'd probably go there again at some point but i don't eat out often.

PHD is directly across the road from me and i also have a Pizza Hut in shitting distance as well. Both are ok, but i've had hits and misses from both. Domino's were always good when i lived up in Kittybrewster as well.

Although I'm quite happy to eat pizza in Britain, if it's done well enough to not be minging, you just can't beat the original, ultra-thin based, cooked in a wood-fired oven, yours for 3 euro's pizzas you get in (southern) Italy.

Only bad point was the service had a noticeable hit when it got to the peak busy period and a waitress did a strange thing near the end of our meal. She walked over (wasn't the same waitress we'd had all night) and started pouring out the remains of our wine bottle into our glasses. Never seen that before. Not sure what the point was but it was annoying. Once the bottle is open and on the table they should fucking well leave it. We've bought the whole bottle so it's up to us how we're going to drink it.

BTW Chris, that's authentic Italian pizzeria service, the best ones make you lay your own table as well so think yourself lucky.

EDIT: Thinking about it, that's the difference. Most Italians don't care how good the service is as long as the food is good, in Britain it seems to be the other way round