aberdeen-music

Moving to Ayr!! ?(

The majority of my family are from Ayr and it's not that bad, there's a lot worse places to end up. My knowledge of Ayr's nightlife is pretty slim as most of the time I'm there I'm visiting family. The town centre is bigger and more cosmopolitain than you'd expect for a city many people have no idea exists.

Have a scan of the Knowhere website, it's got a fair run-down of what's in Ayr Knowhere: Ayr, South Ayrshire, Inside Information, Hookup Spots and Stuff Only Locals Know. Overall, there's a lot of worse mid-size cities in Scotland, Ayr's pretty tolerable. As for music venues, you'd have to travel to see big bands but they've got a pretty good scene for small bands as far as I'm aware. The two big plus sides to Ayr are you are less than an hour and a ten quid return to Glasgow, and you can join me in supporting the beautiful Ayr Utd!

The two big plus sides to Ayr are you are less than an hour and a ten quid return to Glasgow, and you can join me in supporting the beautiful Ayr Utd!

AUAUWFAANW!!!

Ayr's good - I went to Craigie Uni there when I lived in Kilmarnock. Not sure about the scene these days, but it was by far a better place to go out than Killie or Irvine.

The countryside in Ayrshire is just beautiful and is you have a family, there's lots to do and see in that area.

Pish football team though, who I had the indignity to play for in few charity matches in the early 90's. My Killie mates have never let me forget it.

Cheers for the info and help guys, I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I was down scoping out the place and the locals seem really helpful and friendly. Let two years of drunken debauchery commence! Ah I probably should actually do some studying though!

Thanks, any other hints about nice areas for flats or decent part time work? Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...