aberdeen-music

Thank Feck - Its T In The Park!

kingofdeon

Right folks....not gonna lie to you im as mainstream as it gets in music taste.

anyone got a lesser band that i may not have heard of that i should check out this weekend?

And not State of the Affairs cause we actually played with them last year and i thought they were shit..

Im open for suggestions...

anyone got a lesser band that i may not have heard of that i should check out this weekend?

And not State of the Affairs cause we actually played with them last year and i thought they were shit..

Frightened Rabbit, MGMT, British Sea Power, My Morning Jacket, Holy Fuck, The Hold Steady, The National.......some small, some not so small, all worth going to, all in tents, thats where the best gigs are, right?

Guest bluesxman

Brian Jonestown Massacre are on in one of the tents, should be good as long as they dont play too much off the new album.

Brian Jonestown Massacre are on in one of the tents, should be good as long as they dont play too much off the new album.

yeah mate i have seen them a few times. Always a bit random but last year was good.

I also want to see thie Frightened Rabbit you speak of. Everyone seems to love them. Time they on?

I like them. I'm not proud of it, but of all the 741* shit NME soundalike Indie bands that are playing T this weekend, they stand out from the crowd a wee bit, at least they sound a little different.

*approximate

Are they not a boyband with guitars like a softer version of McFly?!

I was back last night I only went down on the saturday.

The day started alright with eddy grant on main stage, he was awesome. then some other bands to pass the time. The feeling were good i thought, the kooks n fratellis were a bit meh but "chelsea dagger" was alright.......

and then magic happened rage came on and treated us all to one of their best sets and even included a rant about george dubyah, I really didn't expect them to be as great as they were before they split. It makes me wonder how many folk actually went and saw kaiser chiefs when i looked round at the crowd facing rage, They were amazing well worth the travelling and 70 day ticket alone.

is anyone else getting really frustrated watching that annoying girl who presents the highlights who isn't edith bowman? she's the most inane idiotic tool of a presenter i've ever seen.

aye she's a bit annoying.must be her first (and hopefully last) presenting job.

i think she is/was the keyboard player for el presidente.

is anyone else getting really frustrated watching that annoying girl who presents the highlights who isn't edith bowman? she's the most inane idiotic tool of a presenter i've ever seen.

looks like Vic Galloway feels the same as you too dave.

I also can not believe that the first rage lp was out in 1991....that's 17 years ago.

my god I feel old.

(I I was trying to remember when maple played at T in the Park....I was searching for 2003..2004...2002...

works out it was 1998...(obviously ... ten years ago).

this is a weekend for feeling ancient.

On the TV coverage when they move from one segment to another they put up a t in the park ident and have about four seconds of music. To my untrained ear the music sounds like the Xcert's 'Do You Feel Safe' - does anyone know if it is?

aye it's the new biffy single. something about mountains.