aberdeen-music

Thank Feck - Its T In The Park!

kingofdeon

There looks like there will be a few unfortunate clashes meaning I'll miss the Raconteurs and Kings of Leon in favour of Ben Folds and the National (I think)

Other than that I'm looking forward to The Hold Steady, Band of Horses, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, British Sea Power and a few more I can't think of just now.

The Friday line up is gash. I despise the Verve and can only assume Richard Ashcroft's popularity to be some sort of ellaborate prank played against struggling musicians who have talent.

That late addition of Charlene Spiteri has really knocked my schedule out of sync! Clearly there wasn't enough shit Scottish acts on the main stage on the Saturday....

Surely having Gun, Biffy and The Fratellis fully complied to the Shite Scottish Act Quotient?

I've just realised (with the exception of Rage, REM and KoL) that it's surely the worst Main Stage line up for any festival in the last 15 years, let alont TITP.

Thank f*ck for the 50 million other stages.

the line up this year isnt masivly impressive and i`m pretty sure alot of the thngs i want to see clash, but thnk my main targets will be

the wombats, the music, the chemical brothers, Glasvegas, The law, Rage, the pouges, echo and the bunny men, the xcerts, robots in disguise, sergeant, hopefully egar prais, the chalatins and PRIMAL SCREAM

also - who the fuck are Gun?

my bad ...

A Scottish band with a shit name who had moderate success in the early to mid 90s (I think). Their best known (or only) hits were a cover of Cameo's "Word Up" and an a song called "steeeeeeeeaaaal yooouuuuuur fffiiiire", which was utter utter gash. I think the singer from the equally abysmal El Presidente played bass for them and there's some stat that he has appeared at T in the Park more than any other performer. I presumed they had folder years ago but apparently not.

The main stage is dreadful now I look at it other than the 3 acts french_disko mentioned.

....and of course the legendary Bowling for Soup! Presumably they couldn't afford Wheatus.

Surely having Gun, Biffy and The Fratellis fully complied to the Shite Scottish Act Quotient?

I've just realised (with the exception of Rage, REM and KoL) that it's surely the worst Main Stage line up for any festival in the last 15 years, let alont TITP.

Thank f*ck for the 50 million other stages.

You forgot Amy McDonald and KT Tunstall! I guess Sandi Thom was busy this year.

Guest treader.

it's my first time attending a festival this weekend like.

i really cant wait to see battles and aphex twin and rage.

although i suspect rage will be a bit "we're not good any more" live

Guest bluesxman

Amusingly, Gun as they exist now only have 2 members from their original incarnation and neither of them are even the singer. Their new singer is called Toby. Bet they are quality.

The more I hear about TITP these days having to pre-book parking, not allowed vans in case you sleep in them, not allowing gas stoves so yer unable to cook your own grub the more Im glad Im not going and cant see me ever returning. Unless someone monumental appears on the line up, but judging by the recent line ups I cant see it happening.

Amusingly, Gun as they exist now only have 2 members from their original incarnation and neither of them are even the singer. Their new singer is called Toby. Bet they are quality.

The more I hear about TITP these days – having to pre-book parking, not allowed vans in case you sleep in them, not allowing gas stoves so yer unable to cook your own grub – the more I’m glad I’m not going and can’t see me ever returning. Unless someone monumental appears on the line up, but judging by the recent line ups I can’t see it happening.

I'm stocking up with 3 days worth of Nutri-grain bars! :D

Agreed the line up is pish, I just got offered a last minute ticket last week so I took it. Think I might do Reading or Glasto next year, instead of all these rubbish indie and pop bands.