aberdeen-music

Kartta: New song added

Guest idol_wild

I like this one better than the last one as everything flows a lot better throughout and it eases into the outro effortlessly. The overall mix is a bit tighter and everything sits where it should for me. The vocals are nice and clear, though the backing vox in the outro snuck on me like a rapist in the night and almost made me spill my coffee.

Good work. :up:

Guest idol_wild
though the backing vox in the outro snuck on me like a rapist in the night and almost made me spill my coffee.

Ha. That made me chuckle.

Snuck up on you in a good way?

Guest bluesxman

It's a good song, I remember it from last time I saw you live and I liked it then as well. I like it when you do a nice straight forward songs, the results tend to be pleasing. Sounds well recorded too, even on my crap PC and headphones combo.

I like it when you do a nice straight forward songs, the results tend to be pleasing.

What he said.

Much better than the last song for me. This is the best side of Kartta, when the post-rock/experimental/whatever tendancies are crammed into the restraints of an indie pop song. In my opinion those have always been your strongest tunes.

Guest idol_wild
What he said.

Much better than the last song for me. This is the best side of Kartta, when the post-rock/experimental/whatever tendancies are crammed into the restraints of an indie pop song. In my opinion those have always been your strongest tunes.

Says the man who said he loved our old instremental live set intro ;)

I get your point and I totally agree with it though.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and for taking the time to listen to us. It's appreciated more than you will ever know.

Guest idol_wild
Have you considered taking the song to the next level by maybe including a rap? Such an addition might just tip the song over the edge.

It used to have a rap middle-eight.

But the rest of the song wasn't up to scratch and we knew the rap would steal the show (ah-woah-ow).

I miss Dave's Big Muff in your sound :(

Apart from that, This Year Aside may be the best thing you've ever done.

Left Avenue is great as well, one of my favourite one's of the last live shows I've seen you do.

You guys better play a final Aberdeen gig.