aberdeen-music

This Town Needs Guns

davewarden

Guest idol_wild

The review is hilarious, but it is clearly written by a frustrated non-musician.

Though I do agree with him about the album. They genrified massively, but I thought that's what the kids wanted to hear?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the boy who wrote it is a miserable twat who would rather appear to be ahead of the game than admit that he likes something from this decade or something that isnt diy

ive not read the review and i havent heard much about/by the band, but I can gather the approach he will have taken: not as good as xxx from the 90s blah blah blah you should be doing xyz with this music, not what you are doing at the moment etc etc

why people salute the guy I dont know, usual UK scene ass tounging. i despair.

I'm looking forward to seeing them live but would agree with the album. It's too long and you do find parts where you think, "just played that part a couple of songs ago" etc. The opening two songs are great and the least widdley one (track 6 I think, and its more relaxed widdley-ness) is super.

I do like them a fair bit but I'm finding it hard to persist with the rest of the album. The new Grails and Desalvo albums were bought around the same time and I'm still giving them a hefty listen...

Lindsay, fire me a text or something when the edition with your article is out. :up:

Any word on supports for the gig? (I know it's yonks away)

Though I do agree with him about the album. They genrified massively, but I thought that's what the kids wanted to hear?

I'm not sure if the kids even want to here it! I thought the ep was wonderful; bit of twinkle, but of cheese. The album feels really clinical. Where are the hooks?! In the odd occasion when they slow down i start to get into it a lot more. I just wish there was more like it.

---

Ross, will do :up:!

Guest idol_wild

Any word on supports for the gig? (I know it's yonks away)

Stu from This Town Needs Guns got in touch seeking advice about local supports, so I am led to believe one local act has been approached to play the gig, with another on the shortlist.

There isn't many Aberdeen acts who really fit the bill in this instance, I feel.

Plus, a headline Stapleton gig in Aberdeen has been long over-due.

I disagree. I think they're horribly overrated by certain people in this forum. They're quite dull imo.

Still, would pay to see This Town Needs Guns

that was barely a review. its just seems really cheap and pathetic.

ny girlfriend said she enoys TTNG... rose and a ticket?

as far as the album goes, from what i've heard, it is quite lacking in the vocal hooks and melodies that wre so strong on the EP and it misses the second guitar a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The only way that would work would be if one was covering the bottom three strings at one fret and the other would cover the higher three somewhere else, aye?

Sounds interesting! I'll be along to this gig. :popcorn:

yeah, i'd reckon so. sounds like something he would do. some of his guitar parts are absolutely genius and then sometimes you're like 'really?'.

Gibbon is ace. The chorus is unbelievably catchy.

The only way that would work would be if one was covering the bottom three strings at one fret and the other would cover the higher three somewhere else, aye?

That's what I was thinking, unless he's also got one of those capo's that presses down individual strings as well. I don't really understand how they work though, as they can still only operate on one fret.