aberdeen-music

This Town Needs Guns

davewarden

Would people come see:

MySpace.com - THIS TOWN NEEDS GUNS - Oxford, UK - Indie / Alternative - www.myspace.com/thistownneedsguns

I am a big fan and would imagine alot of people interested,it would probably be freshers week so plenty people going about.

I wouldnt really do this but it would be quite expensive and I would be after a few people to help out/split any costs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking full credit for this thread. If i could remember my password i would have added my two cents earlier, but alas.

My two cents;

OH YEHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! LETS DO THIS THANG!!!1111

It would be them and Jonquil. If you haven't heard Jonquil, myspace them. They're nice. I guess that's why they're asking the price they are. As Dave said - if a bunch of us club together we could make it work.

Also, speaking of ttng - new track on the myspace. Less polished than 26 etc, which i prefer.

ALSO - i got my dates wrong, you're right - it's during freshers. Pipe this up as poppy emo twinkle jamz and BOOM, mega turn out...., you'd hope, anyway.

Guest idol_wild
Bands who don't take the time to reply to nice diy promoters = :(

To be fair, it was just though my solo music myspace as I didn't have my own promo one. But it kind of inspired me to make one - bands may take me more seriously.

I've already been approached by some fucking ace bands about gig possibilities up here and I only created the myspace last night!

MySpace.com - Spokes - Manchester, UK - Experimental / Indie / Rock - www.myspace.com/spokessound

Yum.

Just out of interest and approximate costs....how much would it cost to put on a band of their size up here and what are the usual demands??

I don't really know much about cost but turnout is always difficult. Most of the kids suck. They'd rather get lashed on cheap booze than RAWK out to twinkly emo </3

Guest idol_wild
I'm not sure about the 19th. No freshers will be around, surely?

No?

I have no idea.

I hate students anyway.

It is a Friday night though, which is good. As oppossed to a Sunday. Sundays are always terrible for gigs.

No?

I have no idea.

I hate students anyway.

It is a Friday night though, which is good. As oppossed to a Sunday. Sundays are always terrible for gigs.

Freshers starts the next week. I reckon this is the kinda thing they'd lap up. As i said, advertise it as sing a long twinkly indie emo and you'd probably get quite a lot of kids. Just sayin'.

I'd take a friday over a sunday though, i suppose.

Guest idol_wild
Freshers starts the next week. I reckon this is the kinda thing they'd lap up. As i said, advertise it as sing a long twinkly indie emo and you'd probably get quite a lot of kids. Just sayin'.

I'd take a friday over a sunday though, i suppose.

Gotcha.

I dunno. I've been going to gigs in Aberdeen for ten years now and I don't think I've noticed it to be any busier at gigs during freshers.

Though I see your point. Maybe we can hope the worthwhile freshers will come to Aberdeen for the weekend before freshers starts then :D