aberdeen-music

Emergency dentists

Has anyone used G Dens before?

My other half has been suffering from chronic toothache which has now turned into shooting pains across the whole jaw. We went to G Dens last night but there were no appointments left and it looks like we'll be back tonight. (Neither of us slept much last night :( )

I've heard they just patch you up - ie just pull out a tooth that's causing pain in lieu of any other dental work. Does anyone know? Or does anyone know if it can be days before you are seen? They weren't able to tell us last night - just that we needed to phone back today. Neither of us has a dentist and can't get one till at least August.

Toothache has got to be the absolute worst. Nothing can touch it and it's frustrating not being able to help!

I would recommend the King Street Dental Practice. It's not too expensive and I didn't have any problem getting an appointment. I'm not sure if it is still taking on new patients but it's worth a try!

A friend of mine used G Dens once and her experience wasn't particularly good. She found it to be a huge waste of time because they couldn't sort her problem out. After two unsuccessful treatments at G Dens she registered with a private practice.

The dentist situation is a bloody joke.

I've got to go get a filling replaced next week and that is likely to set me back over 100!

What a rip off.

Good luck finding somewhere.

Can you get out of town easily? Might be worthwhile trying one of the smaller towns on the outskirts of the city.

Guest Laura@TMB

Can't help on the dentist front, but to help numb the pain get yourself along to Boots/ pharmacy and ask for Anbesol liquid. Non-prescription, but you have to get it over the counter. Will help your other half get a good night's sleep meantime.

Can't help on the dentist front, but to help numb the pain get yourself along to Boots/ pharmacy and ask for Anbesol liquid. Non-prescription, but you have to get it over the counter. Will help your other half get a good night's sleep meantime.

I actually bought that stuff last night and it seemed to help a bit. Thanks for the suggestions. Went back to g dens and they yanked the tooth out. Thank god for that. The injection hasn't worn off yet but it can't be anywhere near as bad as last night.

G-Dens are OK. My ex had to use them a couple of times as here dentist was not here.

It is so that they really only act as a patch-up repair service but they are not butchers & won't pull a tooth that does not need it. If you are suffering, that will be a godsend in itself - It may also be enough prevent the tooth from abcessing & if you think you are suffering now, just wait for that experience!

They will also send you away with the most up to date lost on dentists taking-on in this area.

I phoned up a number through the council (probably was GDens - 01224 558140) when i was between dentists and had toothache.

They couldn't have been better, the next day I was told I had a appointment with the dentist in Dyce (beside the Academy) and she sorted me out.

I believe they phone round the dentists and request an emergency appointment for you.

I had a similar scenario, I had an abscess and the tooth/jaw/ear ache was too much to bare so I ended up getting a root canal on a sunday thanks to Kevin Saunders on crown street.

he is a legend and has a moustache

Oh man, I've had that before - my face was swollen up like a bulldog and I had to constantly clench my fist to try and allieviate the intense pain. There really is nothing quite as bad as toothache.

I wanted to put my foot through the door!

Sincerely glad you got it all sorted.