aberdeen-music

Rave

Lemonade

How great was the old school Rave music back in the early 90s? It was the first type of music that I properly got into, as a spotty teenager. Some of my favourite tracks back then:

The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds

Chimo Bayo - Xta-si Xta-no

Praga Khan - Injected With A Poison

K-Klass - Rhythm Is A Mystery

JX - Son Of A Gun

Kicks Like A Mule - The Bouncer

Bizarre Inc. - Playing With Knives

Gloworm – I Lift My Cup

Bassheads - Is There Anybody Out There

The Shamen - Move Any Mountain

The Prodigy - Out Of Space

Urban Hype - A Trip To Trumpton

Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode

Black Box - Ride On Time

Oceanic - Insanity

LFO - LFO

SL2 - On A Ragga Tip

Capella- U Got 2 Know

Shades Of Rythmn - Xctasy

Human Resource - Dominator

Rozalla - Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)

Skin Up - A Juicy Red Apple Is Nice

Orbita - Chime

Prodigy - Charlie

Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy

Klf - 3am

Shaft - Rhubarb And Custard

Dream Frequency - Feel So Real

Xpansions - Move Your Body

Fucking great choons. There's so many more that I can't remember the names of as well. Of course I was only about 13 and I didn't realise that most of the songs were about drugs, and wondered why my parents kept freaking out about me singing 'Ebeneezer Goode'. Banging :-D

How great was the old school Rave music back in the early 90s? It was the first type of music that I properly got into, as a spotty teenager. Some of my favourite tracks back then:

The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds

Chimo Bayo - Xta-si Xta-no

Praga Khan - Injected With A Poison

K-Klass - Rhythm Is A Mystery

JX - Son Of A Gun

Kicks Like A Mule - The Bouncer

Bizarre Inc. - Playing With Knives

Gloworm I Lift My Cup

Bassheads - Is There Anybody Out There

The Shamen - Move Any Mountain

The Prodigy - Out Of Space

Urban Hype - A Trip To Trumpton

Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode

Black Box - Ride On Time

Oceanic - Insanity

LFO - LFO

SL2 - On A Ragga Tip

Capella- U Got 2 Know

Shades Of Rythmn - Xctasy

Human Resource - Dominator

Rozalla - Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)

Skin Up - A Juicy Red Apple Is Nice

Orbita - Chime

Prodigy - Charlie

Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy

Klf - 3am

Shaft - Rhubarb And Custard

Dream Frequency - Feel So Real

Xpansions - Move Your Body

Fucking great choons. There's so many more that I can't remember the names of as well. Of course I was only about 13 and I didn't realise that most of the songs were about drugs, and wondered why my parents kept freaking out about me singing 'Ebeneezer Goode'. Banging :-D

anyone remeber the 5 tapes you used to get in that shitty shop in the Trinity Centre...ca remeber the name of the shop but it sold chequed shirts and combat trousers and what not...

Bass Generator were a fav of mine i have to admit....

how about Moby - Go, or UHF.

Acen - Trip 2 The Moon

Quadrophonia (check the Tech Itch drum and bass tribute: Quad!)

New Atlantic - Eye Know/Yes To Satan

Isotonic - Different Strokes

Urban Shakedown (Aphrodite!) - Some Justice

Family Foundation - Xpress Yourself

Blame - Music Takes You

Then Scottish scene stuff like Bass-X and Qtex and... other dance acts invented by Scott Brown.

anyone remeber the 5 tapes you used to get in that shitty shop in the Trinity Centre...ca remeber the name of the shop but it sold chequed shirts and combat trousers and what not...

Bass Generator were a fav of mine i have to admit....

JFS.......Dready bomber jackets min :laughing:

JFS.......Dready bomber jackets min :laughing:

haha - thats the one! JEANS FOR SALE.

There were some horrendous garments in there. i remeber two of my mates purchased the "bar code" shirts(long b&w striped things..) and everytime they walked past everyone would go "BEEP". haha

sorry, just really used to amuse me.

what a shit shop - and by all means doesnt look like its got any better. I can smell the "2 for 1" jeans promotion every time i have to pass by there...

how about Moby - Go, or UHF.

Acen - Trip 2 The Moon

Quadrophonia (check the Tech Itch drum and bass tribute: Quad!)

New Atlantic - Eye Know/Yes To Satan

Isotonic - Different Strokes

Urban Shakedown (Aphrodite!) - Some Justice

Family Foundation - Xpress Yourself

Blame - Music Takes You

Then Scottish scene stuff like Bass-X and Qtex and... other dance acts invented by Scott Brown.

Acen - Trip 2 the Moon is one of my all time favourite tunes, I loved all that mad breakbeat techno back then. I was quite into the scottish scene aswell due to reading a lot of M8 magazine, infact I found an M8 cover tape from 1994 recently when clearing out an attic with stuff like Q-Tex, QFX, Praga Khan & Jade 4 U etc on it. Forth FM used to do a really good weekly techno show playing all that stuff which I used to tape.

To be fair i was a bit to young and missed the boat with rave, rave for me consisted of buying Bass Gen & Tom Wilson tapes from JFS and requesting Set Me Free at the school disco (followed by getting a feel of ass while slow dancing to the Lighthouse Family!)

Good times, loved rave me!

I was trying to think of that as well, it was either Ecosse or Eclipse or something!

Hmmm Rave and Britpop, what a shit decade!

EVERYBODY at my school had an Eclipse or a Club Culture bomber jacket. And a pair of British Knights! :laughing: Except me, looking nerdy in my Nevica.

To be fair i was a bit to young and missed the boat with rave, rave for me consisted of buying Bass Gen & Tom Wilson tapes from JFS and requesting Set Me Free at the school disco (followed by getting a feel of ass while slow dancing to the Lighthouse Family!)

Good times, loved rave me!

Aye I was a bitty young for it as well, I listened to it a lot, and had a shitload of bootlegged cassettes that had been handed round about a hundred times and you could hardly hear them for the hiss, but I was a bit young to be going out raving at 13.

EVERYBODY at my school had an Eclipse or a Club Culture bomber jacket. And a pair of British Knights! :laughing: Except me, looking nerdy in my Nevica.

To scared to break the Recco (?) tab incase you set off a false alarm and search & rescue helicopters targetted your Nevica. Your maw would kill you if you done that!

To scared to break the Recco (?) tab incase you set off a false alarm and search & rescue helicopters targetted your Nevica. Your maw would kill you if you done that!

Where did that Myth start? I remember the fear of it ever breaking...just incase i was whipped off by the aforementioned Helicopter.

Think JFS still sell them...i had a classic green and blue three quarter one..

Acen - Trip 2 the Moon is one of my all time favourite tunes, I loved all that mad breakbeat techno back then. I was quite into the scottish scene aswell due to reading a lot of M8 magazine, infact I found an M8 cover tape from 1994 recently when clearing out an attic with stuff like Q-Tex, QFX, Praga Khan & Jade 4 U etc on it. Forth FM used to do a really good weekly techno show playing all that stuff which I used to tape.

Was that Tom Wilson's show, perchance? I used to have a couple of tapes with his show on. I think that was his name, anyway.

Where did that Myth start? I remember the fear of it ever breaking...just incase i was whipped off by the aforementioned Helicopter.

Possibly from two e heids on a come down leaving a rave at 7 in the morning? "Fits this for?" "Da break that min, its a alarm for when yer in the mountains ken, helicopters will come after ye an ahin min"

I had that exact same Nevica, it complimented an adidas equipment blue jumper that i never had off, along with my reebok pumpz!

Aye I heard that one too, if you hit it hard enough an alarm would go off and a search and rescue copter would come for you. I dunno if I believed it though, I remember feeling it and it just feeling like a bit of plastic and rubber.

I too had the blue and green three quarter length. I also had a grey one.

The female singer of that band was on my college course.

That's rad. Was her name Gillian Tennant? I have their rekked somewhere. Saw them live at The Bishops in Elgin back in the day, but their dancer overheated and they were forced to flee (assholes wrenched the taps shut and turned the heating up, a common ploy to sell water and beer in those days)