aberdeen-music

Bashers at the Ball Room

sexytunk

Just wanted to say how disappointed i was at the Bash Street kids 30th year anniversary at the Beach Ball Room on Sat, not that it was anything to do with the band. I love the band and left my own gig early just to show my respect on this great landmark!

Why were there only 850 tickets made available, when it left the hall looking totally empty?

The band had gotten access to Nazareths PA, but the sound guy obviously didn't know what he was doing, and he obviously wasn't hearing what everyone else was hearing!

And with all the supposide professionals in the sound crew, why did it take 10 minutes for them to discover that there was no bass sound being generated because the lead was faulty?

And the support bands, I'm not even going there!

I think The Bash Street Kids deserved a lot better than they got on Sat night. Rock on guys.

Tickets were free, and i don't there were 850 people there, the place was empty! Although the council said they had.

And although there was a massive PA, wasn't very loud, probably due to the fact the sound guy didn't know his arse from his elbow! What that gig could have done with Jimi Troup

Just wanted to say how disappointed i was at the Bash Street kids 30th year anniversary at the Beach Ball Room on Sat, not that it was anything to do with the band. I love the band and left my own gig early just to show my respect on this great landmark!

Im sorry to disagree but that disaster had everything to do with the band

Why were there only 850 tickets made available, when it left the hall looking totally empty?

Its always the same when you give tickets away, 850 is probably the fire limit when the balcony is closed...or should be, and there is normaly a huge number of no shows when its free. The audience that the bashers attract is a sit down audience and whoever decided it should be standing only needs a good kicking!!

The band had gotten access to Nazareths PA, but the sound guy obviously didn't know what he was doing, and he obviously wasn't hearing what everyone else was hearing!

There is no way in the world the engineer can be blamed for the sound, the PA was pulled together from several sources and none of the bands sounchecked!!!!! I saw many bands in there in the 70's and if the venue was less than 2/3 full its a cave....worse than the music hall!!!

And with all the supposide professionals in the sound crew, why did it take 10 minutes for them to discover that there was no bass sound being generated because the lead was faulty?

Were you at the same gig as me? the bass sound was never missing.... the bass player couldnt hear himself because he pulled his bass amp off the cab because he was pissed as a fart!!!!!! the di was always connected. He pulled his amp down on three occasions that I saw and was unable through drink to sort it out.

And the support bands, I'm not even going there!

Again were you there?

Kybosh were the band of the night, very professional and tight as fuck, not how I would describe the bashers....

The Bash Street Kids deserved a lot better than they got on Sat night. Rock on guys.

Im just pleased I didnt have to pay to hear them last Saturday, I would have wanted my money back....I have known those guys for many many years and think its time for them to call it a day.

I will also point out that Mr Brechin (drummer) was faultless as usual.

There is no way in the world the engineer can be blamed for the sound, the PA was pulled together from several sources and none of the bands sounchecked!!!!! I saw many bands in there in the 70's and if the venue was less than 2/3 full its a cave....worse than the music hall!!!

I think the ballroom is one of the best sounding rooms in Aberdeen. You just need a really big PA, which is hard to do safely in there. From what I'm aware, you are correct on the PA being pulled together from several sources.