aberdeen-music

thoughts on aberdeen

Ollie

Exodus were playing New Found bloody Glory. No self appreciating club would even consider playing such music. the dancefloor was full of 17 year olds bobbing around like arse holes and I couldn't even get near the bar.

Welcome to getting old. I realised that I didn't like going to Exodus anymore when they weren't playing the Strokes (imagine my horror when I heard My Chemical Romance being played) all the time and I got hacked off with the lack of queueing etiquette. It can't be 2002 forever though.

Nightclubs are for dancing, not for sitting.

I think thats the problem. Pushing to get to the bar, being crowded in with the possibility of having to touch strangers, not getting to sit down, loudness/overbearing music and dancing are all hideous things to me. I also found there was a slight creepy atmosphere in Exodus.

Perhaps avoiding the nightclubs would be best.

:music:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I think thats the problem. Pushing to get to the bar, being crowded in with the possibility of having to touch strangers, not getting to sit down, loudness/overbearing music and dancing are all hideous things to me. I also found there was a slight creepy atmosphere in Exodus.

There is something vaguely sinister about the place, isn't there? There's no way I'm going near the sweat-box shit-tip rabbit hutch ever again, the tricky thing is convincing others to avoid the dive. Shit music for shit people.

Not :up:

• 7 months later...

Lying dormant...

In terms of music, I know people who are extremely prominent and talented members of the Edinburgh music "scene" and they feel that Aberdeen's musical output is stunning. They've only been exposed to so much (Kitchen Cynics, No Pasaran, Jess Yong, Kartta, Copy Haho, Lazy Sheepdog, Debutant, Fiction/Action, Hookers Green #1, Holy Folks, and old-school Dedalus) but they think the "scene" up here is fantastic.

Aw shucks Mr Idol Phil Wild...even though you posted this donkeys ago, I've only just found it and reading it was like a great big hug :O I knew there was something I missed about Aberdeen...

P.S. can you come down to shout at Jim for being useless?

I used to hate this place. Miserable, gloomy, boring, slow, stagnant, sterile slab of grey under a greyer sky by a grey sea.

It is a bit shite, but I too love how we know it's shite. No defensiveness from the 'deen! We're rubbish:up:

Pretty much this.

Though, I've never lived anywhere else. Just being places where every thing's not grey makes me feel like a tourist. :(

I like Aberdeen. :)

EDIT: I didn't realize this was an old topic. :(

It just seems to be the character of this city, or maybe just human nature, to have a good moan.

The weather is shite, the food is shite, the traffic is shite, the music scene is shite, my jobs is shite, football team is shite, the nightlife is shite. How many times have you heard any of those expressions lately? How many of them are actually true?

Im rarely on here nowadays but just thought Id add my 2p.

Ta.

that post was shite

:)

p.s - i loved it really