aberdeen-music

Sleepmode - looking for Aberdeen gig

Sleepmode

Hi all

We're booking a tour for Glasgow 4 piece indie rock outfit Sleepmode, to support the forthcoming single from their debut album, recently recorded at The Byre residential up by Inverness.

We're having no success in finding a slot in Aberdeen at a decent 100 - 150 capacity venue with good in house PA, on either Wednesday 24th or Sunday 28th September. Can anyone help?

We might be able to offer a support slot in either Inverness or Glasgow. Contact me, Chris on 0781 768 1139 or mail chris at soundseed dot com

You can check out the debut single - Double Vision - and a few other tracks from the album on www.xfmuploaded.co.uk/sleepmode

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Chris

Sleepmode are really good... hope you find them a gig. :up:

Hey, thanks! Did you by any chance see them at The Tunnels last summer?

I normally deal with the recording and do a bit of day to day band management, so this tour booking thing is a bit of a cold call headache :-(

We've tried The Tunnels again, but they can't book that far in advance, (PR and plugging insist on a long run in unfortunately); Cafe Drummond, but alas no reply, and phone line is dead, Moshulu - which is far too big for us this time round... but fingers crossed something will appear, hopefully soon as things are getting tight time wise.

Thanks again!

Cheers

Chris

Hey, thanks! Did you by any chance see them at The Tunnels last summer?

I normally deal with the recording and do a bit of day to day band management, so this tour booking thing is a bit of a cold call headache :-(

We've tried The Tunnels again, but they can't book that far in advance, (PR and plugging insist on a long run in unfortunately); Cafe Drummond, but alas no reply, and phone line is dead, Moshulu - which is far too big for us this time round... but fingers crossed something will appear, hopefully soon as things are getting tight time wise.

Thanks again!

Cheers

Chris

Yeah, saw them in the Tunnels. Was a memorable night!

Are those your only two dates? If you could arrange for a Monday or a Thursday you could possibly get a gig with Dirty Hearts club (thurs) or Black Tooth Lounge (Mons) in Snafu. Might be worth it as this will increase your options. Drummonds never answer their phone. You should contact them directly via their myspace. I hear rumours of changes afoot in some venues as well.

Yeah, saw them in the Tunnels. Was a memorable night!

Are those your only two dates? If you could arrange for a Monday or a Thursday you could possibly get a gig with Dirty Hearts club (thurs) or Black Tooth Lounge (Mons) in Snafu. Might be worth it as this will increase your options. Drummonds never answer their phone. You should contact them directly via their myspace. I hear rumours of changes afoot in some venues as well.

Thursday is booked for the Raigmore Motel, Inverness, Friday is Doghouse, Dundee, Saturday Twa Tams, Perth. ... Sunday night the band need to head home - some unavoidable work commitments. We have a fairly central place we can use for that week about 50 miles along the A93 just past Crathie so it gives us reasonable journey times for all the gigs... Thanks for the ideas though... any more welcome :-)

Great forum by the way!

Cheers

Chris

My home town... I will try and make it along to that! :up:

Not been to the Stag in ages ha ha.

Nice one!

Looks like it will be about 8pm as they prefer earlier gigs Sunday, and good for the band getting back to Glasgow at a decent time as a wee bonus. Gotta hire a PA though - anyone in Aberdeen you can recommend? Probably need 2 - 3k, 4 monitors, maybe basic lights...

Thanks

Cheers

Chris

Gotta hire a PA though - anyone in Aberdeen you can recommend? Probably need 2 - 3k, 4 monitors, maybe basic lights...

I've got a system which would be suitable. it's not going to be pocket money cheap though, it's a two man job plus transport etc on top. We've got some floor cans we could sling in gratis as well.

PM me if you want more info.

Just a suggestion!

Hi

We are a five piece Heavy Rock band from Glasgow and like you struggling to get gigs in Aberdeen. We happen to have booked the use of the function room at the Malt Mill Holborn Street on Saturday 23rd August. I know that date will be too early for your purposes but try the Malt Mill.

The Malt Mill stopped doing gigs at the end of 2007 but you can still get the use of their rooms free of charge. Downside is you have to supply PA and everything as well as find your support bands!

Yours

The Detours

www.mysace.com/thedetoursinfo

Hi

We are a five piece Heavy Rock band from Glasgow and like you struggling to get gigs in Aberdeen. We happen to have booked the use of the function room at the Malt Mill Holborn Street on Saturday 23rd August. I know that date will be too early for your purposes but try the Malt Mill.

The Malt Mill stopped doing gigs at the end of 2007 but you can still get the use of their rooms free of charge. Downside is you have to supply PA and everything as well as find your support bands!

Yours

The Detours

www.mysace.com/thedetoursinfo

Hey, thanks!

Do they have drinks, entertainments license etc ....? Don't mind sorting out this stuff out - we're doing a DIY at Raignore Motel Inverness, and also The Stag, Banchory...

Cheers

Chris