aberdeen-music

van driver / van required

Steven Milne

hey guys

we (the little kicks) have a bunch of shows lined up in august and basically we always normally take two cars of gear with the gear split and the band meners split between two cars.

However, the guys who drive in the band are a bit sick of doing it as many will know, it sucks to finish work , flat it down the road in a car to arrive at a venue with no time to soundcheck and be onstage!

and they cant drink till the gear goes away - half the fun gone!

plus its a nightmare for petrol - two cars - over 100 now!

so,

long shot...

im looking for someone who has a van capable enough to store the 4 of us and gear that we can borrow for a reasonable rate from time to time?

OR

someone who has said van and would be up for driving us too?

none of these dates are long dates away or anything, theyre just weekend slots and occasional festival dates (wizard , connect etc)

anyone know any solutions?

steven

there's plenty van hire places in aberdeen if your old enough! there was a roadie looking for work in the musicians bit a while back.....

yeah, i know but were skinto!

and its normally 75 quid a day with those guys, thats before you pay your petrol obviously so your looking at like another 75 id say!

were basically looking to pay someone their petrol, feed them, pay a small hire fee for their transport and some extra money for them too(it wouldnt cost them anything basically)

and maybe that sounds like a rip off for them but at the end of day if we made more money wed be more giving. and wed get them into some festivals for free too as theyd be with us so theyd have a free ticket to the events.

not much in their favour i know but basically thought id post here and see if there was a magic wizard with a lovely van and a love for the road just waiting to do some dates with a young nice, friendly band like ourselves!

hmm, if carlsberg did van hire...

• 2 months later...
Because it was posted months ago and the shows in question have passed.

Don't bring up old threads to link to your ad please.

....and the band is never going to play again ? or maybe need transport ?

I was trying to help as well as maybe sell the van , you have a problem with that ?

I was trying to help as well as maybe sell the van , you have a problem with that ?

No, you were just trying to sell a van.

Helpfulness I have no problem with. The only problem I have is trying to keep the forum tidy and coherent. Bumping old threads disrupts the forum and confuses users, especially in the Trading Post. People don't notice the date of the posts before the last one, they just see a thread on the front page and assume it's current. So they end up making offers on things that have been sold months, even years, earlier and wonder why no-one gets back to them. Confusion for everyone.

No, you were just trying to sell a van.

sorry , didn't realise only your opinion counts , I'll assume the band no longer exists and that it would be of no help to them that what they pay for gas in twenty gigs could buy them a van that would eventually save them even more money and hassle , no help at all :rolleyes:

How much for van

Not that i'm particularly looking for a van myself at the moment, but as as being in a couple of bands who travel a fair bit, occuring costs in van hire and general travelling costs, what would the van in question cost if still for sale, and how much did it sell for if gone?

What I really want to know is, how much am would i have to fork out to buy a van thats gonna get me around the country, safely i may add?

Oh and Chris, your a tot man!