aberdeen-music

good pasta

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

like, proper imported stuff that the italians eat. where can ya get it? I saw nice looking stuff in sainsburys the other day, but assume you can get it cheaper elsewhere?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i'll bear that in mind, king of deon. another thought for y'all, anybody made their own? it seems like more hassle than it's worth but i bet it tastes good

like, proper imported stuff that the italians eat.

I believe Italians eat the same dried stuff that you can buy in most supermarkets here. Just go for a decent quality bag from a good brand, it shouldn't be too shiny (the pasta, not the bag).

i'll bear that in mind, king of deon. another thought for y'all, anybody made their own? it seems like more hassle than it's worth but i bet it tastes good

I make my own quite a lot.

eggs (laid by my chicken "halal")

flour

oil (oilive, tomato, basil, chilli...crude)

(you can bung in dried oregano into the mix too)

and a pasta maker to get the thinness needed....

and it takes seconds to cook and tastes 10000000 times better ...it's like a different food stuff to dried pasta.

I believe Italians eat the same dried stuff that you can buy in most supermarkets here. Just go for a decent quality bag from a good brand, it shouldn't be too shiny (the pasta, not the bag).

Yeah, that's true. Freshly made pasta is better but the extra hassle and mess just isn't worth it except on special occasions imo (and in the opinion of millions of Italians).

Guest Tam o' Shantie

huh. well i went for the sainsburys stuff. it is so roughh that you could take barnacles of a ship's helm with it. will post results. i would like to make my own but my kitchen is too small to be rolling stuff out. it's so small that you wouldn't even believe it.