aberdeen-music

moshulu, what a joke

Chi 666

a pub or club isn't "indoors", and this isn't the fucking 1920's.

I don't see why any venue would demand something like this, particularly when cctv on the door will presumably capture the faces and general dress of anyone who is coming in. Surely if you have a hat on, it's going to make it easier to identify you later on in the tape if need be?

hats-allowed policy is best! stripey brings up lots of good points.

try this on for size.

me and my friend martin (who pretty much wears his hat all the time) were meeting people in that place sin (dont ask me why we we're going there it sucks)..

martin was told to take his hat off once we got to the bar, he said no and we were asked to leave. On the way out we saw a groupe of guys - two of which were wearing turbans.

Ok i understand they wear them because of their religion (or whatever) but is that a reason for the rules to not apply for everyone??

• Upvote 1

That's just ridiculous. Turbans don't shade someones face. A hat is totally unnecessary indoors. It's a fashion statement unless it's freezing outside and then it's for practicality.

I don't see what the big deal is. If you're asked to do something you do it and don't make a fuss over it. It's only a hat. Get over it.

That's just ridiculous. Turbans don't shade someones face. A hat is totally unnecessary indoors. It's a fashion statement unless it's freezing outside and then it's for practicality.

I don't see what the big deal is. If you're asked to do something you do it and don't make a fuss over it. It's only a hat. Get over it.

sadly its people like you the are destroying the social community in this country. "yes sir, no problem sir, can i have another one please sir?"

before - no smoking.

now - no hats

tomorrow - no talking, drinking or any fucking freedom to just fucking enjoy yourself without some power drunk cock making another pointless rule to show his authorty.

and what the fuck is this shit am heading from some stupid moron that people who where hats inside are cunts? what about days when im not whereing a cap? am i not a cunt then? how about when you put on a hat inside? dose that make you cunt???

dont be so fucking stupid:down:

before - no smoking.

now - no hats

tomorrow - no talking, drinking or any fucking freedom to just fucking enjoy yourself without some power drunk cock making another pointless rule to show his authorty.

I suppose the difference is, if you smoke inside it affects other people who have to inhale it/stink of smoke.

Wearing a hat doesn't make any difference to anyone.

its just another example of how britain is getting more and more fucked up.

Your right the next thing will be no speaking to anyone in a club and you can only drink soft drinks, every freedom we have will slowly be swept away by stupid laws. The smoking ban is just the tip of the iceberg. How does wearing a cap make any difference, surely if the cctv is good enough to show a face clearly it will also show the clothes that someone is wearing clearly, clear enough for evidence.

As for the turbans its just another shitter for brittish people, these laws wont apply to them otherwise it will be classed as racism, now im not racist in anyway but it seems that if your not from here anymore you have more freedom to do whatever you want. Read an article recently about the police wanting to introduce sniffer dogs and searched for people getting on the underground, but muslims wont have it because in their religion dogs are dirty animals and they dont want to be near them, so fuck everyone else who lives there, the muslims get what they want, again otherwise the police would be accused of breaking their religion.

the muslims get what they want, again.

That's because unlike the complacent, passive and unconcerned "natives" of this country they are actually willing to stand up for their rights in the face of massive prejudices. So I suppose in this way they are more british than a lot of us who were born and bred here.

I succumed to the wrath of the no hats policy at Moshulu last night. To be honest, it was so shit that it wasnt even worth my 4 to get in let alone having to deal with having bad hat hair for the duration of the night.

It's bad manners to wear a hat indoors anway.

Anyone who judges a person for whether or not they are wearing a hat in a club isn't worth the effort anyway, so why care.

As a regular hat wearer in town, I don't see the validity of the whole 'no-hats' bullshit. Surely it will be easier for someone to be identified on CCTV with a brown beanie on than someone with a generic indie haircut #23213?

Guest Neutral

Heres a thought for you

They don't have to allow you into the club, when they do it is compulsory to follow their rules.

Getting into a club is a privilege not a right, if you don't follow the rules they have the right to ask you to leave and you must comply

Do you think all doorstaff agree with all rules of all venues they work in? I tell you that they don't but they have a job to do(you know to make money and pay bills etc...), they are there to make sure the small minority do not ruin the nights out of the majority. Yes you do get complete power mad people doing it but they are the small minority.

A member of doorstaff is going to know and understand the rules better than any member of barstaff, managers generally liaise directly with the door team and will discuss the rules, there is a high probability that when the no hats rule was brought in it was discussed between them with a few people giving reasons for and against.

at the end of the day you were being disrespectful and you were dealt with appropriately

What if you have a hairloss disease and are wearing cap with hair attached so to give the appearence of you having hair because you are embarassed of the fact you don't? Is that person refused entry from 90% of clubs who employ this policy?

What if a girl is wearing a cowboy hat (as many hen parties seem to do) and her boobs are practically out of her dress? Is she made to remove her hat?

Sooo many pitfalls with this it's unbelievable!!!