aberdeen-music

Pie Shop

This is more a dig at you and your belief that any music now is original.

I'd love to hear an expansion of that? Technically, music is only ever original in relation to the first chaps who sat down and knocked out a few hits on a lute. 'Original' is simply a word used in reference to aspects of a work that differ or expand upon what has preceded, irrespective of the admitted uniformity in playing styles, song structures, notes...

I'd love to hear an expansion of that? Technically, music is only ever original in relation to the first chaps who sat down and knocked out a few hits on a lute. 'Original' is simply a word used in reference to aspects of a work that differ or expand upon what has preceded, irrespective of the admitted uniformity in playing styles, song structures, notes...

Surely Music is to be enjoyed. albeit original or not. Some of my fav bands are far from original but are still highly enjoyable.

nothing really is that original - but it doesnt Necessarily mean its bad. Im sure almost every band has nicked a riff or two.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
We would be so lucky.....:laughing:

A bit late Big Bad, someone who was at least as dry and biting as you already made the same joke about 2 pages ago. Cheers for the artistic advice though, it's nice to get the opinion of someone who 'likes the original stuff too'.

A bit late Big Bad, someone who was at least as dry and biting as you already made the same joke about 2 pages ago. Cheers for the artistic advice though, it's nice to get the opinion of someone who 'likes the original stuff too'.

Are you two still bitching at each other because of that fucking Audi thread?

Sorry my joke wasnt original....

Does that make me a covers comedian?

You really need to decide if it were a joke or artistic advise....I dont think it can be both.

This thread is ace.

Cover bands are shit. I have hate all cover versions of any song, ever. I think it was spawned from hearing Fall Out Boy and Akon cover Michael Jackson quite recently, which gave me cancer of the feelings. Before that, I used to enjoy Reel Big Fish's cover of Take On Me, because is had zazz and reminded me of good times.

It might have started when my band played a gig with a covers band who were supposed to play for 25 minutes before us, but ended up playing for an hour and a half, meaning we didn't get to play. Who really wants to see a band play for an hour an a half anyway, unless it's Queen? It wasn't Queen. It was Britpop covers, and they were dogshit.

I don't know where this is going, but I like it.

• Upvote 1