aberdeen-music

Lou Reed

Bigsby

Went to see Lou Reed perform "Berlin" in Edinburgh last night. I have to be honest and say the only Lou Reed album I own is Transformer, but I was working in town, had nothing better to do and scored a ticket outisde for 15. :up:

Excellent show, and I really need to get more of his stuff.

Any other fans and if so what would you recommend (after Transformer, Berlin and The Velvet Underground and Nico)?

Went to see Lou Reed perform "Berlin" in Edinburgh last night. I have to be honest and say the only Lou Reed album I own is Transformer, but I was working in town, had nothing better to do and scored a ticket outisde for 15. :up:

Excellent show, and I really need to get more of his stuff.

Any other fans and if so what would you recommend (after Transformer, Berlin and The Velvet Underground and Nico)?

this is a bargain - Amazon.co.uk: Original Album Classics: Lou Reed/Transformer/Berlin/Sally Can't Dance/Coney Islandbaby: Lou Reed: Music

5 disc box set containg Lou reed, transformer, berlin, sally can't dance, Coney Island Baby.

the VU box set "peel slowly and see" is pretty comprehensive - all the studio albums and more - Amazon.co.uk: Peel Slowly & See: The Velvet Underground: Music

and, of course, you need to get "Metal Machine Music".

Guest bluesxman

'Transformer' is his highpoint for me, but 'Street Hassle', 'The Blue Mask' and 'New York' are all quite good. His 'Songs For Drella' collaboration with John Cale is also nae bad.