aberdeen-music

The perfect cup of coffee

paime

Heh, I like how the picture shows the main drawback to this type of machine, melty handle syndrome.

Nevertheless they produce the best tasting coffee imo.

I'm told that you should never wash these machines either, just rinse them in water.

Yeah I just rinse mine with hot water, apparently the flavour improves with the age of the machine.

These are good too for a bit of variation, the coffee needs to be ground almost to dust though.

3_turkish_pots.jpg

smart_cafe_mug_cafetiere.jpg

Not as good as a regular glass press, but a cafetiere mug like the above will mean you can drink good coffee without looking like a blatant coffee snob (not that there's anything wrong with that). You can get them in Macbeans if I'm not mistaken. Then just replace your nescafe with a nice roast. They'll even grind it in the shop for you.

edit: although if you don't mind the extra washing up, I'd go with what Chris recommends.

ok, i went home and opened a little packet of coffee i got from one of the places i stayed in costa rica earlier in the year and made a very tasty cappuccino. i had a wee taste before adding the milk and it's a very smooth tasting coffee.

if you have an interest in such things it's doka estate coffe which you should be able to purchase here:

Gourmet Coffee from Costa Rica. Mountain coffee grown on Poas Volcano Costa Rica

just checked and the one i have is a small taster pack of the house coffee which isn't fully organic but is tasty nonetheless. it tastes sweeter just because i could see the mountain it was grown on from my room :)

i do have a very good organic costa rican coffee from here:

Costa Rica Coffee Cafe Milagro

which is also very tasty :)

smart_cafe_mug_cafetiere.jpg

Not as good as a regular glass press, but a cafetiere mug like the above will mean you can drink good coffee without looking like a blatant coffee snob (not that there's anything wrong with that). You can get them in Macbeans if I'm not mistaken. Then just replace your nescafe with a nice roast. They'll even grind it in the shop for you.

edit: although if you don't mind the extra washing up, I'd go with what Chris recommends.

You should change your username to Gold Blend.

Yeah I just rinse mine with hot water, apparently the flavour improves with the age of the machine.

These are good too for a bit of variation, the coffee needs to be ground almost to dust though.

3_turkish_pots.jpg

I've never tried Turkish style coffee before. How is it?

I also have one of these Neapolitan flip coffee pot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which I haven't used yet. Apparently the trick is to put a small cone of paper in the spout while the coffee is dripping through.

Don't drink coffee

Drink Tea

2 bags in a pot, leave to brew for 2 minutes, No sugar, add goats milk - its creamier:up:

British establishment

It was only a matter of time before tea edged its way into this conversation. Don't get me wrong, i like tea, but it just doesn't sort you out like coffee does. It's like using one of those nicorrette inhalers instead of smoking a real fag.

I've never tried Turkish style coffee before. How is it?

I also have one of these Neapolitan flip coffee pot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which I haven't used yet. Apparently the trick is to put a small cone of paper in the spout while the coffee is dripping through.

Interesting looking device.

Turkish coffee is pretty nice, not as strong as espresso, you just have to watch out for the thick layer of sludge that accumulates at the bottom of the cup because the coffee is ground so finely.

Interesting looking device.

Turkish coffee is pretty nice, not as strong as espresso, you just have to watch out for the thick layer of sludge that accumulates at the bottom of the cup because the coffee is ground so finely.

I assume that's why the base is wider, to try and minimise the sludge in your cup.

Excellent, that's one birthday present idea for my coffee-addict better half.

I got a good deal on some and i thought it was pretty good. There are some other good cheaper coffee's out there but you're right at the cost the difference isn't as astounding as you'd be led to believe.

I think it was the same batch I tasted. Good deal but still not cheap.

Turkish coffee is EXACTLY the same as Greek coffee, but try telling them that, or vice-versa.

Fuck this nae sugar business, I like it Real, Extra strong (Double amount and upwards) with between 4 and 6 sugars depending on size of receptacle and strength of coffee, and thats why I have an absolute maximum of 3 cups a day, the rest is the godliness that is tea (down to a respectable 2 sugars)

Stovepot (wee amount), Cafetiere for more and I recommend the Smart Cafe cuppatiere for on the go, as it has a cafetiere style push-filter built in, designed by one of the Conrans, and is insulated.

It took me 10 years or so to wean myself off sugar in coffee...now, I can't stand it if someone accidentally drops in a sugar...

TOFFEE...no thanks.

as for instant...I stopped drinking that shite a long time ago, and someone once gave me a cup at a meeting...and I got a banging headache, but I can happily (?) have 4 javas a day....

I've got an electric grinder + cafatier, and it's just as quick as doing an instant...it's how long the kettle boils for that determins the wait!

My pal Jonathan made a wicked ukranian coffee, with the sludge at the bottom...you are supposed to have condensed milk are you not? (now that is sweet...)

mmmm...cofffeeeeee.

oh, and yes, black, like my men.

AirplaneMovieOttoPilotInflatable.jpg