aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Stripey

front page

is there any way for users to disable the random gallery thumbnail on the front page, I don't want to see pictures of twats every time it loads.

Wirelessly posted (Motorola v600: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN82/20.0.062; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

You can't disable it, but you can minimise it by clicking the icon at the top right of that particular box.

Wirelessly posted (Motorola v600: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN82/20.0.062; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

You can't disable it, but you can minimise it by clicking the icon at the top right of that particular box.

well that sucks since it doesn't "remember" that I've minimized it. I'm totally sick of seeing the same faces of the same gormless fuckwits every time i hit reload.

well that sucks since it doesn't "remember" that I've minimized it. I'm totally sick of seeing the same faces of the same gormless fuckwits every time i hit reload.

Well, it remembers it for me. You could always not look at front page of course. No-one's forcing you to look at it all day you know...

As a frequent user of the web site you could become a Supporter so you don't have to see any of the advertisements at all as well as help support the web site financially. There is more information on this over here: aberdeen-music - Supporter's Scheme

As a frequent user of the web site you could become a Supporter so you don't have to see any of the advertisements at all as well as help support the web site financially. There is more information on this over here: aberdeen-music - Supporter's Scheme

to be honest, installing AdBlock Plus is free and aswell as taking away the ugly adverts from this site (moorings banner anyone?) makes browsing the www in general much more pleasant.

to be honest, installing AdBlock Plus is free and aswell as taking away the ugly adverts from this site (moorings banner anyone?) makes browsing the www in general much more pleasant.

That doesn't really help out the web site though, does it?

Crikey that is shocking, I thought everyone these days was savvy enough to install AdBlock Plus firefox plugin so they don't have to see adverts on every site they look at.

Nope, few do. And just as well...otherwise you wouldn't be looking at this web site among many others.