aberdeen-music

Anyone know much about Peterculter?

framheim

One of the reasons that put us off moving there last year...

Knew people that moved out and then back in to town as they felt 'isolated'.

Nice place and all that, but a bit less convenient at a time when we prefer being walking distance from town.

I guess it depends what you're used to, I grew up out that way so it's never been a problem for me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant it's too near town to be proper Deeside. It needs farms and shit.

Surely you mean too near the City (I think it's technically within the city boundaries, at least politically)? You really need to brush up on the differences between villages, towns and cities.

Ok, too near the city then. :p

Aboyne is proper Deeside. :up:

Banchory used to be, but it's full of toffs nowadays.

Ballater is inbred, but still Deeside.

Braemar is the pinnacle of Deeside.

Deeside, in four statements.

Deeside in one statement:

Beside the River Dee.

Ok, too near the city then. :p

Aboyne is proper Deeside. :up:

Banchory used to be, but it's full of toffs nowadays.

Ballater is inbred, but still Deeside.

Braemar is the pinnacle of Deeside.

Deeside, in four statements.

You need to understand the difference between Lower Deeside and Upper Deeside.

Basically it's like North and South Korea.

Touche.

Culter is still full of toonsers though.

the reason it's full of toonsers is because it's too expensive to buy a place in a nice part of town so you're faced with either buying somewhere in a part of town you don't really want to live or moving out of town. culter is the closest nice place with more than one pub and a shop which has affordable places to stay in it.

that's my reasoning anyhoo. not that i'm a total toonser anyway.

do any takeaways in town deliver to culter?

Hmm, probably unlikely I would say.

That said, some of the very best takeaways are in Culter (the aforementioned Culter Curry House and the Chinese beside Franco's, both so good that I buy there and then take them into town).

Hmm, probably unlikely I would say.

That said, some of the very best takeaways are in Culter (the aforementioned Culter Curry House and the Chinese beside Franco's, both so good that I buy there and then take them into town).

well that's good news. but what about pizza? i know heavenly deliver but i find them a bit bland compared to the likes of papa pizza.

which pub is best in culter?

i shouldn't think about it too much. after all this we'll probably lose out on the place we want.

well that's good news. but what about pizza? i know heavenly deliver but i find them a bit bland compared to the likes of papa pizza.

You might have to finally let go your obsession with papa pizza if you move out of the city centre.

To be honest I'm not sure about pubs as things have changed a lot since I used to go out drinking in Culter.

If you're after some cheapness and chat with "old" Culter, then worth joining the Mill Club.

Ploughman is OK as well.

Blacks used to be reasonably rough looking, but the regulars and staff were in fact all very nice folk. I guess it's gone upmarket since the guy from the Bielder took over, but I haven't been in for years. Never been in The Bank bar either, except when it used to be a bank.