aberdeen-music

Anyone know much about Peterculter?

framheim

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Peterculter, when i am home. It's pretty nice, well i enjoy it anyway. A bus will take 25 minutes into town and a little bit longer at rush hour. Service is reliable, they run every 15 minutes up until about 19.30 when it changes to half hours. There is also a late service on Friday and Saturday nights till about 3am.

That is if you dare ride a bus with Gandalf.

I live in Peterculter, when i am home. It's pretty nice, well i enjoy it anyway. A bus will take 25 minutes into town and a little bit longer at rush hour. Service is reliable, they run every 15 minutes up until about 19.30 when it changes to half hours. There is also a late service on Friday and Saturday nights till about 3am.

That is if you dare ride a bus with Gandalf.

is there definitely a late bus on a friday as i'd heard it was saturday sunday which i thought was very odd?

we're looking at a flat near the bush. nice area?

why would it be on a sunday? that's incredibly odd.

wait, does it mean saturday and sunday morning? that would make more sense.

Yeah it's just clicked to me as well, it means saturday morning. Seeing as it starts after midnight.

Yeah, night bus on Friday and Saturday.

The stuff on this site is worryingly accurate, although I will say that Culter has changed a lot in recent years as posh houses were built and more middle class moved in, seeing it as a cheaper way to get their kids into Cults than buying there or in Milltimber.

Knowhere: Peterculter, Aberdeenshire, Inside Information, Hookup Spots and Stuff Only Locals Know

Yeah, night bus on Friday and Saturday.

The stuff on this site is worryingly accurate, although I will say that Culter has changed a lot in recent years as posh houses were built and more middle class moved in, seeing it as a cheaper way to get their kids into Cults than buying there or in Milltimber.

Knowhere: Peterculter, Aberdeenshire, Inside Information, Hookup Spots and Stuff Only Locals Know

ha, i've seen knowhere already. though most of the stuff on there seems to be written by bitter kids(judging by the stonehaven stuff anyway).

It is a very good Chinese as well. Culter Juniors made it to the 3rd round of this years Scottish Cup i think. Crombie Park is a fortress.

more importantly there's a curry place beside a shop near the flat we looked at with yoofs hanging round outside it. good curry or not?(think the street was school road)

more importantly there's a curry place beside a shop near the flat we looked at with yoofs hanging round outside it. good curry or not?(think the street was school road)

Ah yeah, the name escapes me at the moment. Alas, i have never been so i couldn't tell you. Nice walks along the River Dee down by the old railway line if that is your thing.

Guest idol_wild
does that mean you'd come out and see us? we're worried we'll never see anyone again if we don't live within walking distance.

If you invite us, we will come. :D

Ah yeah, the name escapes me at the moment. Alas, i have never been so i couldn't tell you. Nice walks along the River Dee down by the old railway line if that is your thing.

it is my thing indeed.

how much for a taxi back from town? where's the nearest supermarket? which shop is best for tasty treats? anything i should avoid?

cmon sam, gie's the scoop :)

it is my thing indeed.

how much for a taxi back from town? where's the nearest supermarket? which shop is best for tasty treats? anything i should avoid?

cmon sam, gie's the scoop :)

A taxi back from town will set you back somewhere between the range of 12-18 pounds i think. I drive so i'm not sure exactly.

There is a fairly substantial Spar not far from the Bush, with an Alldays next to it. There is a bakery opposite the village hall on the main road, absolute winner. Barbers, kilt shop, chippie, chinese, curry house, salon, 3 main pubs.

I would avoid Johnstone Gardens personally. A lot of families are brought up in Culter, so you do get ned kids going about, but you get this everywhere to be honest.

Im moving back up tomorrow for roughly 4 months. Ill go take some snaps down at the railway line if i can get a nice day. I think you will be pretty impressed. Some very good photograph locations which i think will be right up your street.

But I'd say your concerns about people not coming out are justified, it's just what happens when you move out of town.

One of the reasons that put us off moving there last year...

Knew people that moved out and then back in to town as they felt 'isolated'.

Nice place and all that, but a bit less convenient at a time when we prefer being walking distance from town.

One of the reasons that put us off moving there last year...

Knew people that moved out and then back in to town as they felt 'isolated'.

Nice place and all that, but a bit less convenient at a time when we prefer being walking distance from town.

yea, the more i think about it though it doesn't really matter. we can always meet folk in town and geta bus back and we'll have a spare room so folk could stay over.

the main sticking point is going to be if we actually sell our own place in time. cripes!

it's all very grown up and scary.

I would avoid Johnstone Gardens personally. A lot of families are brought up in Culter, so you do get ned kids going about, but you get this everywhere to be honest.

Yeah, god forbid you have to mingle with the working classes. That's not what you move to Deeside for!