aberdeen-music

Radiohead support

Alphas

I had a great daft time at that gig. Wouldn't have minded some more elongated electronic songs - they always end just when i'm getting into them. 2+2 was gorgeous, karma police was ace and I had one of the better kisses of my life to All I Need. Pleasantly surprised!

Stripey, "I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives" - technically not, just the way that they are is pointless. Over, and over, and over again. They should follow your positive example! listen to your releases, go to the night you've put on, go see the examples of good shit you've brought up, go see you play, help you support the few decent things going on.

Oh, wait a second.

Twerp.

Stripey, "I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives" - technically not, just the way that they are is pointless. Over, and over, and over again. They should follow your positive example! listen to your releases, go to the night you've put on, go see the examples of good shit you've brought up, go see you play, help you support the few decent things going on.

Oh, wait a second.

Twerp.

Oh I see, so I'm not allowed to have an opinion unless I'm actively supporting the local scene now?

If you people can't tolerate a difference of opinion without resorting to name calling, or suggestions that I'm telling people how to live their lives, then the internet probably isn't for you.

If you people can't tolerate a difference of opinion without resorting to name calling, or suggestions that I'm telling people how to live their lives, then the internet probably isn't for you.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Let's get this back on topic can we? It was about the recent Radiohead gig in Glasgow so can I please suggest that people that actually went to the gig contribute to this particular thread?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Let's get this back on topic can we? It was about the recent Radiohead gig in Glasgow so can I please suggest that people that actually went to the gig contribute to this particular thread?

I went.

It rained.

It was good though.

They didn't play anything I'd never heard before.

But that's ok.

Stripey might have liked the music they played on their warm up tape.

Then again, he might not have.

THHHHHHHHHHHREEEEEEE POUUUUUUUUUUUUNDAH poncho..."

Who else here gave into the almighty poncho? It can't just have been me...

Was worth it later on I reckon, anyway.

And the music that was playing from 4pm until Bats for Lashes came on was tedious beyond belief. I initially quite liked it until an hour or so in and I realised it was STILL the same thing.

Who else here gave into the almighty poncho? It can't just have been me...

Was worth it later on I reckon, anyway.

And the music that was playing from 4pm until Bats for Lashes came on was tedious beyond belief. I initially quite liked it until an hour or so in and I realised it was STILL the same thing.

I gave into the almighty poncho. I looked great/like a herbert. 8-)

At first part of me was a bit worried that I'd miss something by not showing up on doors, and waiting 'til about 7:30 to actually start heading down, though, after meeting Ross and Calum, having stood there since 4, in the rain, listening to trance, I'd have said it was one of my friends' better decisions.

At first part of me was a bit worried that I'd miss something by not showing up on doors, and waiting 'til about 7:30 to actually start heading down, though, after meeting Ross and Calum, having stood there since 4, in the rain, listening to trance, I'd have said it was one of my friends' better decisions.

Now now, i know their banter can be a bit shit but that's low :D

No, I feel that paying over the odds to see a mainstream band you've heard millions of times before perform their reportoire seems utterly pointless, as I said in my inital post.

I'd rather broaden my horizons and hear something fresh than line the pockets of people like radiohead. But of course, as you say, people are entitled to do what they like.

Well these days people usually put archives of sets online, or at the least a tracklist.

Third time that I've seen them now and have not been disappointed once. I think that Radiohead, like most good bands, sound much better live than on record. Also, Amnesiac and Kid A didn't do a huge amount for me until seeing them perform it live on their tours promoting said albums.

Costs for going to a large scale performance like this one (40 000 I believe) are always going to be fairly high but as they played for a long time, you weren't short changed by effort on their part.

I like seeing live music, especially when it's done as well as Radiohead do it.