aberdeen-music

Radiohead support

Alphas

Bagged a ticket for this through work today, delighted!

Any idea what the curfew would be?

:up:

Not sure, I saw them at Meadowbank Stadium a few years ago and they were off by about 10pm I think as it is in a residential area. Nae sure about what it will be for next week though.

Yeah ticket prices are ridiculously high for this one.

This is mainly because we are dealing with Radiohead here - and obsessed Radiohead fans (is there another kind?) will foolishly pay anything that Thom Yorke demands of them.

Still, I can't fucking wait.

After paying 72 for Neil Young and 102 for Tom Waits this year, I can assure you the ticket prices seem like a bargain to me.

• 2 weeks later...

bat for lashes were pretty good, very weird. nice array of strange instruments too :)

radiohead were scintillating - easily the best i've seen them. The umbrellas were fucking annoying, but i think that the rain made the gig.

Thom's a cheeky cunt though, heh. those who were there will know what i'm on about.

Although tickets were going for around a tenner on eBay I still don't feel cheated- I'd say that gig was worth every penny (including the 30 "Happy Bus" ticket, which wasn't very happy at all).

I thought they played a great set- Idioteque was an absolute belter to finish with. There were far more bellends in the crowd than I'd anticipated though. Morons, umbrellas, shit hecklers and pint throwers shouldn't be allowed at a Radiohead gig. End of. I couldn't resist telling the bird next to me to shut the fuck up after she yelled the whole way through Videotape. "Everyone shout pink like a vagina" isn't what I want to hear in my ear in the middle of one of my favourite Radiohead tunes.

From where I was last night the crowd was great, much better than at Meadowbank (where the crowd did seem completely full of arseholes).

Radiohead were on great form a fantastic performance. The setlist was amazing, i was expecting and looking forward to a lot of In Rainbows and I got them all except House of Cards which is my least favourite from the album. The mix of the older songs was perfect, the return of Like Spinning Plates to the set was a nice suprise. Idioteque was a great closer.

sounds like a totally pointless and expensive outing to me, although I suppose if you're the kind of gullible loser that idolises people like tom yorke you probably deserve to be ripped off for every penny you have anyway.

i don't idolise thom yorke, i like his music. i'm quite sure its the same about anyone else who went to this gig.

that's all there is to it, i'm afraid. sorry to ruin your moment :)

From where I was last night the crowd was great, much better than at Meadowbank (where the crowd did seem completely full of arseholes).

Radiohead were on great form a fantastic performance. The setlist was amazing, i was expecting and looking forward to a lot of In Rainbows and I got them all except House of Cards which is my least favourite from the album. The mix of the older songs was perfect, the return of Like Spinning Plates to the set was a nice suprise. Idioteque was a great closer.

agreed, i thought the rain made the gig :) they did 2+2=5 at exactly the right time in the set, and brought out a storming ending with idioteque.

was cool to see Hunting Bears tagged onto the end of The National Anthem too, a nice touch

i don't idolise thom yorke, i like his music. i'm quite sure its the same about anyone else who went to this gig.

I fail to see the appeal in paying extortionate sums of money to watch someone play a song you've heard endless times before on a cd you can probably buy in asda. Unless of course you idolise the band and think that seeing them perform live somehow brings you closer to them, or think that in 50 years time you'll tell your grandkids "i saw radiohead live in 08".

I fail to see the appeal in paying extortionate sums of money to watch someone play a song you've heard endless times before on a cd you can probably buy in asda. Unless of course you idolise the band and think that seeing them perform live somehow brings you closer to them, or think that in 50 years time you'll tell your grandkids "i saw radiohead live in 08".

so you've never seen any artist you like play live before?

i like live music. and radioheads live shows are somewhat of a spectacle. its a shame that you clearly dont like anything ever, but tbh, i don't really care :)

goodbye