aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Bands 5-a-side-tourney?

kingofdeon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
I knew there was a reason my band shouldn't have split. Bollocks. Ach well, ringering it is. If anyone wants a left-sided, hyper-competitive prick then give me a shout.

You, me, Iomega, and anyone else who doesn't have a team should start a band just to compete in this tourney? Then split up after the tourney without ever having jammed or practiced.

We'll take Sam as a goalkeeper.

Goalkeepers are so fucking crucial in 5-asides.

You, me, Iomega, and anyone else who doesn't have a team should start a band just to compete in this tourney? Then split up after the tourney without ever having jammed or practiced.

We'll take Sam as a goalkeeper.

Goalkeepers are so fucking crucial in 5-asides.

Im game for this. Can we be called Sonic Death Money?

Don't listen to Phil. I've refereed him at fives. He's a lump of wood.

(Not really, he's nae bad)

I volunteer myself for one of the ringers teams, as, funnily enough Edgar Prais aren't really a footbally band.

Love from Christy

Well join Phils team and thats you lot got a team.

think we have 6 now. As i said hoping to get a sponsor so we dont have to pay and also maybe some beer to the winners or something.

see what happens.

Spoke to Goals and they are gonna get back to me.

Well join Phils team and thats you lot got a team.

think we have 6 now. As i said hoping to get a sponsor so we dont have to pay and also maybe some beer to the winners or something.

see what happens.

Spoke to Goals and they are gonna get back to me.

What ya reckon, Quirie? My time hitting the drums with Dedalus must qualify me as eligible, right? Bring it on!

Love from Christy

Guest idol_wild
Im game for this. Can we be called Sonic Death Money?

Yes. Though you mean Monkey, right?

I volunteer myself for one of the ringers teams, as, funnily enough Edgar Prais aren't really a footbally band.

Makes sense for you to join the Sonic Death Monkey ranks.

Yeah that is what i meant. Haha this team has shaped up nicely. A blend of Dedalus, Kartta, Edgar Prais, FFAF, Iomega and 45 A-Side Records.

When is pre-season training?

i might be up for this. been keen to give a kickabout a try but don't want to join a competitive team. need to do something to get fit! and if it's kartta and sonic death monkey related then surely fate is on my side. i could be a supersub if there's already enough members in the ringer team.

Being the disorganised buffoon that I am, it looks like I wouldn't be able to committ to this, since I'm currently spending most evenings doing much more enjoyable things like being in a supermarket.

30 years ago I would've gone for this....I played in a pretty decent amateur team who won our division (OK..it was Div.6!), and played for a student select against Bobby Clark, Lenny Taylor etc (plus 5-aside against Dons management a few times...put a screamer of a shot past Alex Ferguson when it was his shottie in goal).

Nowadays, however, I couldn't run for a bus without having a heart attack, and my right knee has a wonky cartilage.:down:

I also doubt that Duncan, His Majesty and Beth would combine into a lethal unit.

i might be up for this. been keen to give a kickabout a try but don't want to join a competitive team. need to do something to get fit! and if it's kartta and sonic death monkey related then surely fate is on my side. i could be a supersub if there's already enough members in the ringer team.

If it's called 'Sonic Deth Monkey' (No 'a' - amiright?), then surely we must find at least a space on the bench for Dave. Actually, Officer, do you remember having a kickabout with Cromar in Queen's Gardens during the World Cup 02, when we lived together? Stoned as motherfuckers. Good times!

Love from Christy

If it's called 'Sonic Deth Monkey' (No 'a' - amiright?), then surely we must find at least a space on the bench for Dave. Actually, Officer, do you remember having a kickabout with Cromar in Queen's Gardens during the World Cup 02, when we lived together? Stoned as motherfuckers. Good times!

Love from Christy

aye, i mind that. good times indeed. and you are correct that there was no e in the fabled drakes club that was sonic deth monkey. :)

Quick! Call Craig Levein....

Juande Ramos....

Jurgen Klinsmann....

Joachim Low...

(Sorry Chug! Too easy bruv!)

Love from Christy

Haha, just hope you're not on the opposite team from me (i jest of course) :D

I almost offered my services to Gretna for free at the end of the season, i'm THAT mercenary :D

City Seemed Eager volunteer for this.

2 of us play five a side and 1 of us playing for celtic youth. We need ringers though so anyone want to gee us a hand it would be appreciated.

Me and Conor?

...we're not that bad. There are worse footballers out there.