aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Bands 5-a-side-tourney?

kingofdeon

Aright Lads(ladies),

Its probably been done before or at least attempted but my band and i were discussing the possibilty of trying to organize a 5-a-side Tourney between Aberdeen Bands, Promoters and what not.

I dont know if there would be many interest but to be honest i've been caught up with the "hype" of Euro 2008 and fancy a kick about and a bit of friendly banter.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in this and i can go about trying to organize it.

Probably get it at Goals or Strikers or something.

If anyone wants to help me organize this feel free as i think it would be a good laugh.

cheers

Steve

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Slight problem, not every band has 5 members. How do we get round this one? Otherwise, not a bad idea at all. There's a few folk on here used to do a kick-about at Seaton Park on Sundays, could be the ideal way to reintroduce it...

:up:

Slight problem, not every band has 5 members. How do we get round this one? Otherwise, not a bad idea at all. There's a few folk on here used to do a kick-about at Seaton Park on Sundays, could be the ideal way to reintroduce it...

:up:

Well we could have a rule that there has to be a minimum of 3 band members and 3 "ringers"?

As i said im open to suggestions so any ideas are welcomed.

There's no fucking way I'd have any of the other guys in my band on my football team.

I like to win.

I'd be a ringer for someone else, though.

Makes it more fun! thankfully all my lads can play - well once upon a time...

i have two teams already...looking for about 8-12. If possible.

If yuo think your band has it in them to be the next Rod Stewart (ok ok i know...shite comparison) let me know.

Guest idol_wild

Well, if there's a band out there who need an extra player then give me a shout. I'm a hugely experienced 5-aside player, former amatuer player (centre midfield/centre-half), and I even once got asked to attend a trial for a Junior club I shall leave nameless.

Well, if there's a band out there who need an extra player then give me a shout. I'm a hugely experienced 5-aside player, former amatuer player (centre midfield/centre-half), and I even once got asked to attend a trial for a Junior club I shall leave nameless.

Boca?

I don't know if any of Cobra Kai are much cop at football. I know I am personally utterly useless and I've seen our drummer Steve kick a ball about outside Toms once without much success. Tho our guitarist is an absolute shark at ping pong. Surely he could transfer those skills onto the football pitch. I've got a mate who was in the youth squad for FC Malaga (who are going to be in La Liga next season) until he was 15 so he could probably be our ringer and do some damage. Only problem being that he moved back to Spain earlier this year.

I think we should definately get this one the go this summer. Maybe not strictly make it ABDN bands, but we could say bands, promoters, one up staff, aberdeen-music board members ect...

We should definately get this on the go.

I am a goalkeeper/striker who can't score, but loves to try.

I think we should definately get this one the go this summer. Maybe not strictly make it ABDN bands, but we could say bands, promoters, one up staff, aberdeen-music board members ect...

We should definately get this on the go.

I am a goalkeeper/striker who can't score, but loves to try.

Well if i get enough teams and names up front then we can maybe arrange a date or something. I was thinking maybe an all day thing on Sunday or something. I have a few sponsors in mind and will probably try and hold it at Goals.

So as i said get your team names and what not to me ASAP. Doesnt have to be Aberdeen bands but just make sure you can be there on the day. For all the guys without a band make sure you can jump on your mates band and what not.

The rule has to be though 3 memebers from a band (unless the White Stripes fancy it..) and any 3 ringers...

Also the team name has to be your band name

i.e Kartta v Copy Haho etc etc...

Guest idol_wild
i.e Kartta v Copy Haho etc etc...

Kartta v Copy Haho is the one and only thing I feel Kartta would beat Copy Haho at.

Apart from maybe the ability to stay sober.

I don't think there should be rules about having a certain amount of band members in a team. We should also include venues, rehearsal spaces and radio stations ect.

But with no members of bands it just turns it into a normal football tournament which i have played in a million of. At least have 1/2 members of a band! Or at least have their band names or something.

I can get posters made up and put round the Venues and c.toms Musical vision etc and im sure Original 106 would be kind enough for some sorta input.

as i said i have a few sponsors in mind all i need is confirmed teams. I have 4 at the min. PM me if you wanna do it.

Guest idol_wild
Are you actually kidding?

No. One half of Copy Haho are in a permanent state of inebriation. We all know who I am talking about.

Though I think Kartta would beat Copy Haho at a pub quiz aswell.